Monday, April 27, 2009

Pack n Play

Bria slept in her Pack n Play for the first time and did pretty well. Brian was volunteering (UPS does this neighbor to neighbor thing and they helped make an elderly couples house more handicap accessible) on Saturday up in P-town so we decided to drive up Friday night and stay with Heather. I was nervous and anxious because she had been sleeping so well at night and we were getting a good little routine down that I hated to mess with it. But it would be a good little test to see how she does so up to P-town we went. Heather and Amy luckily like to watch Ghost Whisperer on Friday nights (that is what we do every Friday) so we kept our evening routine the same. They were so sweet and bought us pizza which is also another treat we like to do on Fridays. Bria went to bed about 8:45 pm and woke up 5 hours later so I fed her. Then again at 5:15 am she woke up so I placed her on my chest and slept like that until 7:15 am when we were up for the day. Not bad. I think having us in the same room might have kept her a wake because the bed would squeak when we'd roll over, plus Brian snores :) Having her in the same room actually kept me up more because she is such a noisy little sleeper, makes me grateful she went to her crib so well!
We kept our morning the same which is feed, burp, play, read, bath, nap. She is up for about 2 hours in the morning and then goes down for her nap. I never know how long this nap is going to be, sometimes it's 2 1/2, sometimes it's 45 minutes. If it's 45 minutes I usually rock her back to sleep because I know she's still tired. Sometimes I lay her on my chest while I relax. That may not be a good habit to get into but I don't feel the least bit guilty, want to know why? She is only a little baby for so long and I absolutely love her laying on my chest. So I don't feel bad rocking her to sleep for her naps and bedtime, or letting her sleep on my chest for a nap. I need to soak her all up.
Anyway, she did pretty well up in P-Town and I am so glad. We were able to visit my cousin Lanie too which was so fun. I felt bad though because little Bria was tired and hungry when we got there so Lanie didn't get to enjoy Bria's chunky cheeks and legs, but there will be plenty more time for that.
Brian did homework all day Sunday (he is now grounded for procrastinating) so Bria and I went to Costco, Subway, and Dutch Bros. (sorry Jenny, but there's no Coffee Culture in our town!). We also went for a walk and of course took some naps. It was a nice Sunday, just wish Brian could have enjoyed it with us. Darn homework.

Alright, I'm going to finish getting ready for the day and eat before Bria wakes up from her nap. I leave you with a video of Bria being adorable :)

9 comments:

Shannon said...

I am in love with Bria and that video! Isnt it cute how she is so amazed at a mobile?!

Danielle said...

Oh that is just so cute. Dillon loves his mobile too. His plays the same song! I'm glad the first night away went well. I still haven't done that yet. It's a big step! Good for you!

Lindsay said...

She's so precious! I love that you've figured out the video thing!!

Amy said...

omg, how adorable is that video? you and bria give me so much to look forward to!

L said...

Yay for a good overnight trip!! Love the video of Bria, she is too cute!

Emilie said...

adorable indeed! I noticed how long her pants were... :)

How's being a Stay at home mom going? :P

HappyHulets said...

Oh I love that, isn't being a Mom the best? Sounds like you are a great one, just from your voice on the video! She is a doll, gotta love the mobiles, and so do they!
Jen

Brandi said...

She is so stinking cute Lindsey!

Carly said...

oh you must just watch her all day- so precious!