Thursday, April 16, 2009

Big stuff

Well, tomorrow it will be official, I will be a stay at home mom. Brian and I are taking Bria in to my work and then I'm going to tell my boss that I won't be coming back. I'm nervous of course, how do I start that conversation? What do I say? Let's hope I figure it out before tomorrow. Any suggestions are much appreciated.
But officially I am really excited! I feel so blessed to be able to stay at home with Bria, it would be excruciating to turn her over to someone else each day.

Easter weekend was very eventful for little Bria, just lots going on. She did pretty well, except on Saturday night she did not want to go to sleep, she wanted to stay up and party. Needless to say I was pretty exhausted on Sunday.
Saturday was my niece, Jaidyn's, baptism which was so much fun. Afterwards we had a big family dinner and an Easter egg hunt for the kids. Sunday we went to church with Brian's mom and sister, Heather. I think it's safe to say that Bria was a hit and Marna enjoyed showing off her granddaughter. Bria did so well through church and just slept (probably because she stayed up so late) while Grandma held her.
I must admit I had a lot of fun dressing Bria in her cute dress, pink bow, and little bracelet. Her dress was pink and brown polka dots, I used our pink and brown diaper bag, pink and brown burp cloths, pink and brown blankets, her pink and brown elephant toy, do you think I have a slight problem? I couldn't help it, we have so much cute pink and brown stuff with polka dots that I had a blast coordinating everything. Even Brian and I were wearing brown.

Bria has an appointment next Wednesday and I can't wait to see how much she weighs and how tall she is, last time she went in she was 2 weeks old and was in the 50th percentile for everything so we'll see how much she has grown.

And now for loads of pictures:

"It's exhausting being so cute."
Jaidyn in her baptism dress:

My mom holding her. Isn't her bow and bracelet adorable?
Uncle Lance didn't want to hold her for fear he would break her, but we forced him too. The funny thing is she spit up on his tie, lol.
Bria holding her Easter egg

Attempting a family picture:
Mommy being sympathetic
Proud Aunt Heather helping Grandma show her off:

"It's tough being so adored."
Chillin' in her Bumbo, "
This was cracking me up, I took about 10 pictures of her and in all of them her eyes were like this:
Apparently the flash was tripping her out. Can you believe how light her hair is getting?

Jaime gave us these adorable bunny ears so I will take some photos of Bria in those. A little late but better than never. Plus she can wear them next year.

I leave you with a video. I'm sure most of you won't think it's very exciting, but I could watch her talk and play all day. Plus, I'm just excited that I finally figured out how to do video on my camera. Our video camera isn't digital so I have to do it with our picture taking camera. Anyway, she keep us entertained :)

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Good luck tommorow, i'm sure your boss will understand when he sees little bria's beautiful face!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures and the video!

The favorite Grandma (Lindsey's Mom):)

Shannon said...

Good luck with work, I know it will go great!

I love all the pics and the video. Bria is so adorable and I love the blonde hair!

Emilie said...

GOOD LUCK! Hopefully your boss with understand! Let me know how it goes! :)

Looks like a good Easter, the pics are great! I love the 3 of us... Bria was done getting her picture taken!

flojat said...

I love that even her egg was pink! Adorable!

Kerri said...

She is getting so big! Keep the pictures coming! I love them! How did the work thing go?

Annette said...

Its hard to tell work you aren't coming back... but dropping off your baby everyday would be even harder! (for me, at least)

Yay for full time motherhood!