Tuesday, November 18, 2008

More tailgating

So pretty much our Saturdays are spent tailgating or watching the Beaver game on tv, and I'm not complaining because we always have a good time. This last Saturday Jenny and Kyle had us all to their tailgator and we had a great time. My Dad and Anna had tickets to the game so they joined us, Craig was in town staying with us so he came as well, and of course Kyle's Dad Harold (his mom Cindy had to work :( ), and then some of Kyle's high school friends. We did omelet's in a bag, an idea we got from the Bauer's. You just put all your omelet fixings in a ziplock bag and then drop it in boiling water for 5-10 minutes, that's it! They turn out delicious and they are easy. Fortunately everyone else agreed and they were a hit. We of course had tons of hot chocolate, cinnamon rolls and hot dogs as well. It was so much fun and we couldn't have asked for better weather, especially in November. It was sunny and not too cold, and most importantly, the Beavers won!!

Craig, Kyle, and Brian

Representin' with our jerseys, go Sammie Stroughter!

All six of us in our Beaver gear:
After the tailgator Brian and I headed home to watch the game. It was nice because we were both pretty tired, so we were able to relax and even shut our eyes for a few minutes.

We were up late the previous night since we hosted the neighbor wine party at our house. It was a lot of fun and we had tons of good snack foods: lil' smokes, cheese & crackers, bread & vinegar, vegetables, fruit, and little sandwiches. The girls played Clue for awhile which was fun and then we all just ended up talking until about 12:30 am. Once everyone had left I had to clean up, I just couldn't leave it for morning since we were getting up early for the tailgator. Then Brian really wanted to go for a walk since it was foggy and a gorgeous evening. So at 1 am we went for a walk, I'm sure our neighbors thought we were crazy but it was really nice and I can't say no to Brian wanting to go for walk.

Sunday we went to church to watch Jaidyn and Kailey in their primary program and they were adorable. It was fun to see them up there and Jaime did an amazing job-she taught all the kids (60 total!) the 8 songs they did and some even had motions to go along with the chorus. All went very well and it was definitely a success.

Work is going well, Brian is starting to have longer days as we get closer to the Holidays. Fortunately his class ends the first week of December I believe so that will clear his schedule up a bit. He's still doing really well with his class and I enjoy him just taking 1 as I see him more often and can tell he's less stressed. We are thinking he'll be done Winter or Spring of 2010.
My work is fine, 3 months left!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

What a fun weekend! And you look so cute in your jersey, I love it!

Jenn said...

So thankful that I found this blog too. I usually check out your baby blog, but this one is kind of how mine is... Tailgating is so much fun. I am going to miss it, but we will both be occupied with our babies instead :)

Marissa said...

1 class... ah how nice. Jordan thought about doing that next semester, I got all excited but when it came time to register he signed up for 2! Ugh. Oh and omelets in a bag are the best way to go when you've got a group of people, my family loves to make them too.