Thursday, May 08, 2008

Delsa A Robison


My grandmother passed away April 26th, 2008. We drove over to Boise (about an 8 hour drive) for her funeral on Sunday and stayed until Wednesday.
It was so wonderful to be with supportive and loving family members while we said our goodbyes to a beautiful woman. My grandma had the sweetest disposition about her and I am going to miss her so much. A few weeks ago I received a letter in the mail from her with a picture of my cousin and I when we were little. She just wrote a quick note and wanted me to have the picture. I wrote her back and told her all about Brian and I and what we were up to, which consisted of work and yard work! I am so happy I wrote her that letter to tell her how we were doing and that I loved her. I had no idea it would be the last letter I sent.
My grandma was always thoughtful and concerned with how everyone was doing. She never missed a birthday and I looked forward to receiving her birthday cards as they always had the sweetest messages in them.
As sad as I am to lose my grandma, it helps to think she is finally reunited with my grandpa after 11 years. She missed him terribly and I know she must be so happy to be with him again. She lost her daughter (my aunt) a few years ago and I know that was so hard for her, it must be a glorious reunion for them.
Thank you for your constant love and support grandma, I love you to the moon and back!

2 comments:

Julia said...

So, sweet Lindsey. She was a great woman! I love this picture of her. She looks so happy! I hope you are all doing well.

Cami said...

I love Auntie. She was such a sweet woman.