Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'm a brunette

My hair
Well I had a hair appointment on Tuesday and I planned on going darker and getting lots of layers. The past two appointments we've been gradually weaving in dark, but it just hasn't been dark enough. In fact after my last hair appointment (December) Brian thought it looked lighter. So I told Shannon (my hair dresser) I want it DARK and she looked at me and said, "Lindsey, do you want to do an all over color instead of weave?" And the rest is history. I am an official brunette, dark brunette. It's quite shocking actually. My goal was to go closer to my natural so that it's lower maintenance and less money. I really like it and welcome the change. I am going to leave you all in suspense because I haven't taken a picture of it yet, I tried last night but they were horrible and there was no way I was going to post them! I probably sound vain, but seriously they were bad and you couldn't really see my hair so I just gave up.

Weather
In other news...........well there really is no other news. Saturday is my nephew, Porter's 3rd birthday and we are going over to my sister's for a BBQ. I love the kids' birthdays because they are always so excited, especially when you sing them Happy Birthday. I can't wait!
I am dying for Spring/Summer to get here. The past few weeks we have been having beautiful weather, the sunny shining and skies a cloudless blue. But this weekend it all comes crashing to an end as rain is predicted, it was too good to be true. Spring in Oregon usually consists of rain so that is why I am looking forward to Summer more than the Spring.

Food
It's been good having Lance with us, he's pretty low key so it's not a drastic change. I never thought I would say this about Lance, but it's refreshing that he is not such a picky eater. Now, growing up there was very little my Mom could get Lance to eat. But compared to Brian, no one is a picky eater! You wouldn't guess this by Brian's size, he's 6'2 and 240 pounds, but there are only a handful of things I can get him to eat and it drives me crazy. I am thinking of getting the Deceptively Delicious cookbook and "hiding" nutritious foods in the things he will eat.

Alright, back to work for me!

1 comment:

Kris and MaLanie said...

Brunettes are the best!! I can't wait for you to post a picture so I can see how cute it is!! Have a great weekend. Love you!