Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Sunriver

Sunriver
We had a great weekend with our friends in Sunriver. There ended up being 4 couples that went: Brian and myself, Nate and Amy, Marcus and Gretchen, and Jeff and Caitlyn. We cheered with Jeff at OSU, he's been in Hawaii the past few years getting his masters and cheering. He met his girlfriend there and now they live in Portland. Anyway, we had a good time with everyone. Friday we rode over with Nate and Amy and took all day to get there even though it's about a 3 1/2 hour trip, but we stopped to go sledding, grocery shopping, and a little clothes shopping as well. Brian and I both picked up some nice Columbia jackets for a steal of a price!
We spent the days either at Mt. Bachelor or walking around the resort we stayed at which is beautiful. Nate's parents own a cabin that they let us stay at which we appreciate to no end. The nights were spent making and eating dinner, playing games, and watching TV. The weather was absolutely perfect, blue sky and pretty warm considering there was about 10 feet of snow on the ground, or rather ice.
Lance moved in on Sunday while we were away and watched MJ until we got home Monday afternoon. For now we're just trying to help Lance find a job he can do while he's going to school.

Back to Work
Tuesday was back to reality and back to work. But that evening we got to go over and hold baby Austin! Yep, they got to bring him home last Thursday!!! I know they are thrilled to be in the comfort of their own home now, and they still have their moms to help which is nice. I didn't bring my camera because I thought it was too soon to go over and start snapping pictures of him, but I will next time :) He is so precious, I could watch his little facial expressions all day. My favorite is his little pout, he has the most kissable little lips, so precious.

Brian
Brian has been spending a lot of time doing homework and working. Somehow he worked the graveyard shift Wednesday morning, went to a meeting in Roseburg during the day, and then had to work the graveyard shift this morning. Sounds crazy to me but he doesn't complain at all. When I ask him how he can do that he always says it's because he is part owner in the company and he cares, hmmm. Anyway, I hope to get my husband back soon, but right now he needs to do homework and be at UPS so I'm trying to be understanding and supportive. To all you wives who have workaholic husbands, how do you do it?!

Parking
The exciting news for this week is that I don't have to ride the parking ride all week! One of the assistant directors who has a parking space underground is on vacation so I got to take his spot while he's gone. Yep, that's right, getting a parking space is exciting enough to blog about. Hey, I got to sleep in 15 minutes longer and that is wonderful!

Pictures:
First I had a few pictures I never got to post from our snow day with the Taylors:
Brandi with the dogs
Chris and Brandi with our snowman
Brandi and I

Alright, now for the Sunriver photos. Here is a group shot of everyone, from left to right: Brian and I, Marcus and Gretchen, Nate and Amy, Jeff and Caitlyn
Brian sledding down one of the snow mounds in the parking lot
Brian and I at Mt. Bachelor
Us sledding on the way to Sunriver (it was really bright!)
Nate and Brian getting ready to go, it was a beautiful day out!
Alright now I better get back to sipping my coffee and working, exciting stuff I know.


3 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

Cute pic's. I have been meaning to ask you....does MJ stand for something? Everytime I think to ask, I forget and ramble on about something else. :)

Julia said...

Fun Fun Fun! You guys are always up to something fun!

jenny said...

looks like you had such a good time! fun!