Thursday, February 22, 2007

It's ours!!!
Well not officially until the 28th which is when we closed, but we signed for it today! It was a solid hour and a half of signing, whew! So exciting!!!!

We have had an interesting few days dealing with our lender, Van, I kind of think they were trying to take advantage of us which made me very angry. But I am fortunate to have a husband who doesn't take any crap! Man, he was amazing on the phone, he was like, "So basically you're saying we should have gone with another lender," and lots of other good stuff. See, I am the least confrontational person ever, it's a bad thing I know, but it's me. But not my husband!
The last time we met with Van he GUARANTEED us the interest would not go higher and reassured us several times. Last night he mentioned to Brian what it was locked in at, which was higher than he guaranteed us, Brian said, "No, you said it would not go higher than *.**%," and Van was like, "If that's what you remember I'll change it." Excuse me?!?! Are you calling us liars?!?! Way to be condescending, real professional, and if it's so easy to change, how about you take it even lower. You've got to be kidding me.

Anyway, there were other issues about closing costs and property taxes that they had wrong. I mean, isn't he suppose to look up the property taxes? Well he didn't, he was using the number WE gave him from the first house we made an offer on, not the current house. Are you kidding me?! I knew the whole process was going too smoothly :) But I just have to remember to look at the big picture and be thankful for my wonderful husband.

I leave you with pictures of our very first home, yay! FYI: The stuff in the house belongs to the current owners, these are pictures from the website:

Kitchen:
Kitchen from another view:
View from the front door:
View from the stairs:
We feel incredibly blessed to be buying our first home. We have both worked sooo incredibly hard and it feels so good to see some of the results from our sweat and tears. Although college taught me more than I could imagine I was stressed for 4 years straight, I am lucky I didn't die of a heart attack! We are so happy to call this place home and all the support we have received from our family and friends. Love you all so much!




2 comments:

Kari said...

It's beautiful! Congrats!

Jensen Five said...

Yay!!! Now can I have your boxes?