Monday, January 25, 2016

Surprise

Thursday evening before Brian was to return on Saturday, the girls and I were thrilled that in just 2 sleeps he would finally be back. 
I was going over the last 24 hours in my head and wondering why we had barely heard from him and hadn't gotten to facetime. It was so out of character for him and it concerned me. I even sent an email asking why he was so absent, I didn't want to be a nagging wife, but I missed him!
I sent him a text at 7 pm as I started getting the girls ready for bed and asked to facetime:
Here was our little dialogue:
As soon as I read the last line, I heard the doorbell ring.
I froze.
Then walked to the door in a fog and opened it up to my husband. Standing in front of me in the flesh. 
OHMYGERSH!!!!! 
The little stinker had been MIA because he had secretly caught an early flight back and wanted to surprise me. It totally worked and the girls and I were ecstatic. None of us wanted to let go of him for fear it was a dream.
The girls doing their favorite thing: wrestling with Dad
So we got him back 2 days sooner than planned and it was wonderful. Unfortunately he brought with him a terrible cold and that mixed with his jet lag led to him sleeping for about 4 days straight. But at least he was home. 
Once he was a little better we decided to do a family day and because our girls are obsessed with the mall we went there. We let them ride the weird stuffed animal things which they loved:
They got cinnamon pretzels and played on the play structure and were very thrilled with our family day. Good thing our kids are easily entertained! 
I'm still in need of a date night with my husband so hopefully that happens soon, but at least we get to relax on the couch together after the girls go to bed, that is definitely one of my happy places. 

No comments: