Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Christmas Program

This picture is random, but I had to share it because her new thing is to "meditate" ?! Hysterical.
Every year the girls get to contribute in Marna's church program and they look forward to it so much. Bria has been a sheep since she was little and this year she graduated to an angel! She was nervous and excited at the same time. Her nerves were calmed when she realized she recognized other girls that had been sheep in previous years.
Reese was Baby Jesus and then a sheep and this year she was still an adorable little sheep. I wasn't sure how she would feel about doing it without her big sister, but I was so proud of her for being brave and not even skipping a beat about it.
The program was on Sunday and practice was Saturday morning, so Heather drove the girls down to Marna's on Friday night and Brian and I had ourselves a night alone! What did we decide to do with our big night?
Bowl of course! Yep, we are addicted to bowling.
We also received a pretty hilarious picture from our babysitters:
Reese's face KILLS me
Brian and I did some Christmas shopping on Saturday and then headed to Marna's. We had dinner and then went to our friends, Tiff and Eric's, Christmas party. We hadn't seen them in such a long time and it was really fun to catch up. They are the kind of friends where you can pick up right where you left off, no matter how much time has passed.
Sunday was the program and I may have teared up a bit as I saw my little angel walking the aisle:
Then my sheep came Baa-aaaing down the aisle on all fours and I wanted to squish her cuteness. But I refrained and let her do her thing.
Both girls did so well and I was definitely a proud mom.

We headed home that night for our bowling league and it was Holiday spirit night. Guess who won most spirited team?!
 Damn right WE did!! We went all out. I wish I would've taken a picture of our table, we put a small christmas tree on it, lights all over and even had our kids walk around and hand out candy canes.
This kind of thing is my jam. I love going all out and being spirited...makes sense that I was a cheerleader right?
Team Red Hots representing!

Scott is sporting his knee bandage, he is hardcore!
We did awesome and of course had so much fun. Who knew I would love bowling so much?!

No comments: