Monday, January 04, 2016

Oh, hey, remember me?

So wow, it's been a looong time. I don't have a solid excuse accept that I just stopped making time for blogging. Instead of sitting at the computer and journaling our lives, I chose to nap or instagram or candy crush. Also, I've been spending a lot of time working on math with Bria...have you ever worked with a 6 year old on math? It takes every ounce of patience I have and even then it's usually not enough. But we do it diligently everyday after school and slowly but surely we are seeing progress. Whew, this school thing is already exhausting and we are only in the first grade.

I don't know where to begin on a summary of our lives, we haven't had anything too crazy or eventful, just lots of little stuff and then of course the Holidays. 
Brian traveled nearly the whole month of November, his new position in mergers and acquisitions is going to be quite a growing adventure for us...see how I worded that all positive and shit? Yeah, my feelings towards the international travel is not positive, it's quite the opposite in fact. But he likes his job so I put on my supportive wife face and drown my anxiety in wine. That's healthy right?
While he was away, we went to Zoo lights with Aunt Heather and although it was freezing, we really enjoyed ourselves. We rode the train and the girls thought it was pretty neat.



Snuggling closely on the train!

My favorite of Reese, this just shows her personality perfectly

Thanksgiving was spent at Brian's Dad's house and we all ate and drank merrily. We were even successful in snapping a few family photos so I could finally do our Holiday card. Thanks to Heather and her camera!








Reese takes gymnastics at the rec center, it's just once a week but she loves it and her teachers are the cutest. I had to snap a picture on the last day!
Reese with her gymnastics instructors
Bria had a music program at school and I loved it. The kids had been learning all about the different ways people celebrate the Holidays and the questions Bria would ask at home had me puzzled. We had to look up Hanukah traditions and Kwanza information.
At the program they sang and danced and I just thought it was so neat.
  
My little sweetheart

Wouldn't be a Holcomb family picture without someone being a goof
We had even more to look forward to after all this fun: Reese's Christmas program, a trip to Pronghorn (near Bend), Christmas, etc...

No comments: