Friday, October 24, 2014

Sleeping beauties

I have all these amazing posts in my head but I can't seem to find the time to sit down and write them out. So I just don't post at all.
But I at least need to add pictures so grandparents and aunts and uncles can see the girls and possibly hear a little about what we are up to.

The fall weather has officially arrived and on Wednesday it poured nonstop. That is not an exaggeration. It wasn't just rain, it was heavy downpour ALL DAY LONG. So the cabin fever season has started for sure. 
School continues to go well for Bria and both girls are enjoying their swim lessons. Reese is definitely more timid and doesn't like her face in the water but her teacher is very patient and Reese does get better at every lesson. 
Sweet little Reese waiting patiently in line to jump in

Bria is learning the side breathing technique and is doing well. I think backstroke might be her favorite. I was telling her that she is a better swimmer than I am and she asked if I didn't listen to my swim teacher when I was little. :)
I think after this session of swim lessons are over I will put Reese in gymnastics, I want to try a few different activities to see what she is interested in. 
I will sign Bria up for more swim lessons and possibly add karate or something. 
Brian is busy with work but enjoying it. He is always working on special projects outside of his normal job, I admire his constant ambition and drive to make things better. It's quite impressive.
Things with me are good, I enjoy when I get the chance to volunteer in Bria's class. I get to work with reading groups which is a lot of fun and I like getting to know the other kids. After that I make copies and help her teacher with special projects. I might be weird but that kind of stuff is so much fun to me.

And one of my favorite parts of the evening is checking on my sleeping girls before bed...

Seriously, she is dead asleep. Have no fear, I took it off her head after I snapped the pic.
And I have to include a few cute ones of our little Penelope Josephine!

First time facing forward in our car and she was thrilled

Mischievous girl for sure!

Reese and Penny giving hugs
This week has seemed really long and for some reason kind of rough. Nothing specific but just one of those weeks where everything seems difficult and your children are testing your patience constantly. So, today I want to start our weekend off right. I'm taking my girls to Starbucks for a hot chocolate treat, then to the Dollar Store because I have to get stuff for Bria's Halloween party at school. Then after school the girls and I are going to see Box Trolls! Hoping this helps us bond and fills our love tanks :)

Tomorrow Grammy is coming up! She is staying the night so that Brian and I can go to a Halloween party. The girls are looking forward to some Grammy time and we are going to do some fun Halloween activities while she is here.
Also, Bria got invited to a Halloween party by her friend that she rides the bus with. She is also in Kindergarten but full day so they aren't in the same class. Anyway, Bria is so excited!!
It should be a good weekend!

No comments: