Monday, October 13, 2014

5 1/2

I was a little late in getting Bria in for her 5 year check up, mainly because she is all caught up on her shots so I wasn't in a hurry.
Once she learned there were no shots she couldn't wait to go. 

 She is now 44 1/2 inches tall!! According to their predictor chart she will be about 5'5! I don't know how that thing works or how accurate it is, but it has something to do with the fact that she is currently in the 60th percentile for height. I was not surprised that she will be passing me in height. :)
 Her eyes and ears checked out fine and all is well.

Bria is quite the amazing little girl, I know I am bias and that's okay. We were reading a book the other day and it was talking about how God gives everyone special talents so we were discussing what she though hers were. She said being helpful and kind. I agree kiddo. I rely on her a lot through out the day for help and she is always willing to, in fact there are a lot of times where she randomly asks what she can do to help. Her preference is to help in the kitchen so when I tell her to clean her room I get the normal kid reaction of, "Ugh!"
Bria feels so deeply. I think I wrote about her hypersensitivity awhile back and that is definitely a trait. When she is happy she is HAPPY and crazy and beaming and nearly shaking from excitement. When she is sad, she cries and cries and can barely talk. When she is frustrated she screams and is hard to calm down. When she notices others are sad she takes that burden on.



The other day she came and sat with me on the couch with small tears in her eyes saying how she didn't want to hurt our feelings. There was no incident she was speaking of, she said she just didn't want to see our faces when she hurt our feelings. She continued crying and I felt so bad. We talked through it and eventually she felt better, but that is a pretty normal conversation to have with Bria.
Her vocabulary is very fun to listen to and I'm impressed at the words she uses at times: nuisance, delightful, distinguished, etc.
One evening her and Reese were playing with Brian and Bria apparently felt left out and came out crying to me. We sat on the bed and talked about her feelings and she said, "I'm so sad, Daddy replaced me in his heart with Reese!!" When I told Brian that he about cried. We consoled her quite a bit and got her to feel better. But it shocked me how she described what she felt was happening.


So grateful for my sweet Bria and her ability to tell us her feelings :)


No comments: