Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Happy 3 years of life my little baby!!

We celebrated Reese's 3rd birthday on the 21st of this month.
It was a day filled with family and cupcakes and presents...perfect for a three year old.  Grammy hosted a beautiful outdoor party for her where we all got to enjoy the weather and each other.
As I looked around the table at all these family members there to support our little girl, it reminded me of that amazing day 3 years ago that she came into our lives.
Our sweet Reese's pieces woke me up around 2am with a contraction and by 6:13 am she had made her debut. Brian and I looked at each other for the next few hours because we could not believe that just happened. Our family raced to our side to help however they could and couldn't wait to drive up and cuddle the newest addition.




So you can probably understand why I was a little nostalgic as I pictured my brand new baby in my head, the one that looked like this:
...and now I was looking across the table at this little girl:

 When did this all happen? When did my little newborn who constantly wanted to be held and cuddled...turn into this feisty and spunky 3 year old who still wants to be cuddled and held?

 She has been talking about her birthday for the last 10 months and when it finally came she got all shy.
Despite her hiding behind us during the song, she enjoyed herself immensely and had quite a few treats.

Reese,

My sweet girl, you have brought so much joy and laughter to our little world. You are always ready to have fun, even if it's at your sisters' expense. Your laugh is just the cutest. I wish I could explain it, but it's too cute to even describe. Never lose that sweet belly laugh!
You are becoming quite independent and demand you put your shoes on by yourself even if you're screaming and getting frustrated because they won't go on...because you're trying to put them on the wrong feet.
A few nights a week you find your way into our bed in the middle of the night, sometimes I let you stay there for a few hours to get in some extra cuddles until I finally move you back to your room because you have managed to take up the whole bed.
You love playing dress up and currently your favorite thing to do is pretend to be a dog. I'm going to be honest, it's not my favorite but fortunately Bria likes it.
You and your Dad get so goofy it can drive me crazy at times, but I do love that bond you guys have always had. You both have a mischievous grin and wild sense of humor that you have people laughing (sometimes nervous laughter) wherever you go.
You adore dogs. ADORE. Any time you see one you say in the cutest baby voice, "Oh sweet puppy you're so cute!" We are trying to teach you to be a little more timid around dogs to prevent you ever getting attacked by one. I do love that you assume all are loving though.
Bria has started school and at first you were pretty sad but I think you are adjusting nicely. You're excited for when you finally get to go to school.
Reese, I love you so much. Sometimes when I hug you I don't want to let go. You request cuddles on the couch daily and it's so precious. Please always be confident in who you are and know you will forever and always be loved by your Father and myself.

Love you Forever Reese,
Your Mom

No comments: