Saturday, May 03, 2014

Surprise, we're going to Great Wolf Lodge!!!

Brian knows me well, which is good since we're married and all.
He knows I love surprises and vacations so he did both and I was THRILLED.

Tuesday morning he went to work early. Normally I have Penny on Tuesdays but Lark had texted the night before saying she was going to keep Penny home and take her to the doc since her eyes and nose were acting up.
Anyway, Brian called at 9 am and asked if I needed anything from the grocery store, specifically for our trip to Great Wolf Lodge.
Errr, what?!
He told me to start packing, we were leaving at 11 am.
I was so excited I could barely stand it. I packed and off we went to have a mid-week, surprise, family vacation!

In the car!

Great Wolf Lodge hear we come!!
The drive went great. We checked in then headed up to our room where the girls got to sleep in bunk beds in a little cave, they loved it.





Did I mention Reese had serious attitude when it came to pictures? Ugh.

We put our suits on and went to have the time of our lives. This place is perfect for us because our girls LOVE the water, it's their happy place for sure. Brian and I took turns with each girl, one would play with Reese in one of the many swimming areas and the other would take Bria down all the slides. She was tall enough to go on all but the big Tornado one. She LOVED the slides. Watching her face and hearing her squeal was pure joy. One time with Brian as they were going down she shouted, "This is the best day ever!"
I think he was pretty happy with himself for planning such a wonderful family trip.
We swam and swam and swam some more. There are so many different things to play with, slides to go down, and pools to go in. Reese does not like being held in the water, she wants her life jacket and then wants to swim all over the place. She smiles the whole time and laughs with excitement.
I must say, it was very nice to watch my girls have such a carefree good time.
Once we wore them out, we headed back to the room for baths and then some dinner.


ATTITUDE!!! Seriously.


 After dinner we grabbed some ice cream...

 Bria took about 2 bites and said her tummy was full.
This was a huge red flag. She ended up barfing a few hours later, from drinking the chlorine water. Lesson learned and fortunately her tummy ache was short lived and she felt 100% better in the morning.




We attempted story time in the lobby but both girls were exhausted.
Reese fell asleep before it even started and half way through Bria was ready to go to bed. Tired girls!

Wednesday morning after some breakfast we headed out for more swimming fun.

I'm not kidding when I say she has attitude, she is literally rolling her eyes at me. What 2 year old does that? Grrr.
Despite Miss Attitude and Barfy Bria, it was such a nice family trip. We had a great time and made lots of memories, looking forward to many more family trips with our crazy girls!

No comments: