Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Summer hair cut

 I feel hilariously awkward posting a selfie on my blog, but I got my hair did and I am in love with it. Cut off 4 inches and did some warm lowlights and highlights. Feels fresh and ready for summer!

Have I mentioned how much I love our neighborhood and the trails and the parks? I really do, and as summer approaches I get giddy thinking about all the walks and picnics we'll do.
 While Daddy and Bria were running errands and spending time together, I got to take Reese to the park just her and me. She spent half her time in the swing and half of it in the sand. She was in heaven.

 Brian and I try to remember and spend one-on-one time with each girl. We can tell a difference in their attitudes when they start lacking in the quality time with us. Even though I spend my days with them, it's not all fun and games so I enjoy being able to just do fun with things with each girl.
Bria has finally gotten to the point where she doesn't have complete meltdowns when I do her hair and I am loving it. Doing her hair use to be WW3 and Brian would get so annoyed with me that I insisted on battling with it. But the hard work and endurance payed off. She still doesn't love the brushing, can't blame her, tangles hurt like a bitch. But overall she just goes with the flow.
 And because she sets such a great example for her sister, Reese is pretty good about letting me do her hair. They know the routine: get dressed, do hair, brush teeth. So I don't get too much resistance.

Penny Jo sporting her baller hat
We planted our little miniature garden finally, a little late in the game but we did it. Just snap peas and carrots, hoping our carrots thrive more this year. Our backyard gets more sunlight in this house than our last one did so I'm hoping.

 We've also been doing fun things like celebrating Dusty's 30th by going to the Clubhouse for dinner and drinks while the kids got to run around and then take rides in the golf cart.

 I think we need to make this a weekly tradition because it was very stress free. We ate outside and the kids could safely run around while we at in peace.
 The kids could not get enough of the golf cart, a few of the adults took turns taking the kiddos around which I'm sure was the kids favorite part.
This week is also Bria's last week of preschool. So expect a very sad post about that. I love watching my kids grow, but I still have the right to get nostalgic and cry when my first baby girl graduates from preschool and enters into the world that is public school.
Ugh. I'm gonna go cry.

No comments: