Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Girls just wanna have fun!

I can't tell you how much fun it was having my nieces up here. Even just being an hour and a half away makes me feel like I'm missing out on so much and it felt good to be able to spend time with them. I promise, you will never meet two girls who are as kind, respectful, and helpful as my nieces. They are incredible. Jaime and Schuyler are such an amazing example for Brian and I, we listen closely to their parenting advice and take notes like crazy because their kids are simply wonderful.

Kailey has the most infectious laugh ever. Bria and Reese would laugh purely because they loved Kailey's laugh so much. Bria loved dragging Kailey around to play different games and was so thrilled when Kailey would color pictures for her. Kailey's quiet nature is so precious and calming. She was so willing to walk Reese around and try and make her giggle. Reese enjoyed trying to grab Kailey's glasses and her braces :) It was so fun to watch Kailey play games with my girls and happily go "camping" in the living room.
Kailey, your sweet spirit and laugh is admirable and infectious. It's impossible not to smile when you are around, I love you so much and am so grateful for your positivity in life.

Going camping

Jaidyn is so mature for her age. She is 11 but I would trust her to watch Bria by herself, she is that responsible. She was so good at playing with Bria, knowing what Bria liked and which games to play. She helped me so much and was so good about cleaning up after herself and reminding Bria to clean up her toys. Reese was so easily comforted by Jaidyn. Bria bonked her head pretty hard on the table outside and I quickly handed a fussy Reese to Jaidyn while I scooped up Bria and comforted her. Jaidyn calmed Reese down like it was nothing and had her content and playing. It was magical.
Jaidyn, you are such a special girl and I feel so lucky that my girls have you in their lives to look up to and to strive to be like. Thank you for being you, I love you so much.


All their camping gear :)


Watching a movie: Madagascar


Jaidyn helping with bedtime

After bath time :)
As hard as it is to be "far away" from my family, it's been fun having Cassidy, Jaidyn, and Kailey come and stay with us for a few days. I feel like I get to spend quality time with them that I might not get to otherwise.

No comments: