Thursday, August 23, 2012

And I raaaaan...

...I ran so far awaaay! 
I ran my very first race!! It was the Muddy Buddy race and it was so much fun. Seriously, I'm addicted. It was 3 miles with a bunch of obstacles throughout. The obstacles were totally my favorite part, there were cargo nets, walls to climb, tunnels to climb through, things to balance on, huge slides, ropes to climb, it was so awesome. 
Not only was the race itself fun, but everyone gets all dress up in different costumes and you run it with a buddy.

My friend Randi and I getting pumped for the big race
 Randi and I were the Hillsboro Housewives and we went for a subtle costume-leopard print socks :) We ran our little hearts out and kicked booty at the obstacles, it felt awesome. We found out that evening that we got second place!!
So why is it called the Muddy buddy race?
At the very end you crawl through a huge mud pit before crossing the finish line. Sounds dirty and it is, and for some reason it's the most fun way to end a race :) It's definitely going to be an annual thing!

*And I have Reese's 11 month post almost complete, just need to take her monthly bunny picture, I'm a few days behind!

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You go girl!!! I never knew you were such a bad ass!