Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

So I totally had a case of the Mondays...on Monday. Weird, right? ;)
Anyway, I was feeling lazy but didn't want to put the kids in front of the tv all day since it was all sunshiny outside. Besides, Reese wouldn't watch it anyway. Instead, I decided to do a bunch of sensory games for them. Sensory games are great but they usually involve messes so they are great to do outside.
I did a few random ones but fortunately the girls enjoyed them:

  • Water in a tub with spoons and bowls (this was for Reese while Bria was napping)
  • Water beads in water with spoons, bowls, and plates (for both girls, water beads are so cool!)
  • Cornmeal (for Reese)
And then we did random stuff, like put on swim suit bottoms, rain boots, and a shirt and jumped in the puddles. The puddles came from playing with the hose.


If this isn't a cute ensemble, I don't know what is


And then she ate a popsicle

It was a random Monday for sure

Reese loving the cornmeal

 Normally I'm smart and put plastic down before doing the cornmeal game, but I was that lazy. Of course, it required more clean up so really I should've taken the 3 seconds to put a piece of plastic down. Oh well, I needed to sweep anyway.
A bit mischievous
My friends and I are planning a fun little outdoor messy playdate where we all bring stuff for the kids to play with and get messy in the backyard. They won't even know they are learning and doing science stuff, they'll just think they're having fun and their Moms have gone crazy for letting them get so dirty. Or it will backfire and the kids will stand there looking at us like, "Are you kidding? You yell at me every time I make a mess, I'm not falling for this. Nice try."
I'll let you know ;)

2 comments:

Ben and Wes said...

You are such a great Mommy linds!! I want to come to the messy playdate! We have a sensory table that dust built we can always do it at our house!

Danielle said...

That sounds like fun!! I'm just getting caught up on your blog. I'm glad that Bria's procedure went well. That's so hard!