Sunday, June 24, 2012

Let's get Messy!!

My friends and I saw this awesome idea on Pinterest about having a messy playdate. Basically you set up your backyard with all sorts of sensory things for your kids and let them get messy. I was really excited to do this and on one of our recent (and rare) warm days I took full advantage.

There was a bath station, with water bubbles and different water toys to play with. 

I made moon sand (flour and baby oil) but it didn't make as much as I thought it would even though I used a whole bag of flour!

Water beads (my favorite, and the kids as well)

I also filled a tub with balloons at the last minute and surprisingly it was a big hit.

Reese played in there for quite awhile

Sisters!

Water beads are so much fun!

Dehlia brought over her activity table and put shaving cream it in, great idea!! I need to get me a table like this.


Bria and Bennett washing off

Reese loved the shaving cream. She kept eating it so I finally had to put her back in the balloons :) Maybe I'll do pudding sometime, that way she can eat it safely.
I highly recommend a messy playdate, it's great for the kids and great for the moms. It didn't take me too long to set up, but clean did take awhile. But it was well worth it!! I think the kids would agree.

Today is my last day as a 28 year old, I'm about to enter my last year in my 20's. I hope my 30's bring as much joy as my 20's did!

No comments: