Tuesday, June 05, 2012

It's good to get out

After I had Bria it was very hard for me to feel comfortable leaving without her. So I never did girls night and we rarely did date nights. But this time around since I'm more relaxed and since I have such great friends, I'm better about doing some "me" stuff. And it feels wonderful.

Out to dinner enjoying conversations without little ones interrupting every few seconds :)


The crew

My pretty friends!
Not only do I have great friends, but so does Bria. She wants to see at least one of her friends everyday and is not pleased if we don't have a playdate planned.
Amanda's little boy Bennett. We want them to get married and give us adorable blond haired babies...in like 25 years :)

Careful grandparents, looking at these will make you want to get in the car and drive up here to hug her.

Pure cuteness

Snack time at the park. Seriously, why do kids want to eat ALL DAY LONG!

A little soccer game in the grass

Reese has plenty of kids willing to push her in the swing


Last summer Brian got into hiking and since I was very pregnant I couldn't join in his new hobby. Come to think of it, I bet he was looking for a hobby to get away from cranky me, hmmm. 
Anyway, I've got to join him this year and even though we've only gone on one little hike with the girls, I'm loving it. We are going backpacking in a few weeks with my siblings and their significant others (minus Jenny and Kyle since Jenny has a bun in the oven). I cannot wait. Brian is convinced I'm going to like it so much that I will want to hike Kilimanjaro during his sabbatical in 5 years. Um, yeah, I want tropical beaches!!! Regardless, I'm super excited that we have a healthy hobby and Bria loves talking about going hiking. So this summer will be dedicated to finding lots of fun places to hike as a family, and maybe a few just for Brian and me.

No comments: