Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A little update on the girls

We got a little bit of snow last week, so we made a little snowman with our little snow :)

Reese was not as thrilled with the camera as I was ;)

It feels like Bria has been sick for a month. Probably because she has. It all started with a stuffy nose, it wasn't bad at first, only lasted a week and never seemed to bother her too much. Then she woke up one night and vomited all over her bed, she continued to wake up 3 more times that same night, heaving and vomiting. I felt awful for her, she was shaking and just wanted to cuddle. I laid in her bed with her for awhile (she prefers her bed over ours, I'm trying not to be offended) and eventually she got some relief and was able to sleep. For the next couple days she had no appetite but I couldn't blame her. I'm really not sure what made her sick, we ate the same food the day before, went the same places, so it's kind of a mystery. Anyway, I thought her appetite was coming back and then she had this horrible cough. I figured it was the end of her sickness but learned it was just the beginning. The poor girl has been coughing for over a week, and when I say coughing I mean congested, hacking. It sounds AWFUL. I was convinced it was pneumonia because it was so deep. We took her to the doctor and fortunately her lungs sounded all clear so we were instructed to give her Delsym at night and Mucinex during the day. Her doctor also told us to give her honey throughout the day to help. I think she is finally starting to get better, but she still has a pretty nasty cough. Poor girl, she deserves some relief! This time of year is always filled with sickness I guess.
Reese has been doing really well and is rolling over nonstop. She seriously zips across the room in no time, how is this possible?! I fear this child will be crawling and walking if I blink too long. She has also found her voice and loves to challenge her sister in a loud shreaking contest. Yeah, that's fun ;)
We were all on the couch the other night and Brian was holding Reese. She was staring at me like she always does and he said, "Do you just love the way she looks at you?" I told him that Yes, I loved it. She seems to find me wherever I am and just looks at me with such fondness. I look at her and give her a big open mouth smile and she just giggles and squirms with delight. It truly is one of the best feelings in the entire world. I love that I can light up her world, I pray that never ends.

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I hope Bria feels better soon! And that is a serious snowman! It may be small, but it's one of the best i've seen!