Thursday, February 10, 2011

That sucked

Last week we were all very sick with colds and it was horrible. Bria and I didn't leave the house and Brian worked from home a couple days to rest and help me, which was awesome. Brian and Bria got hit pretty bad, especially with a cough. Bria was such a trooper during the day, I would lay on the floor or couch and she would play and read right next to me. She even slept pretty good due to our diligent bedtime routine of medicine, vapor rub, and her humidifier.
This week we have just been trying to recover, I've been so tired and unmotivated so we've barely left the house.
Bria and I did go for a long walk the other afternoon before nap time and it felt great to get out, we both needed some fresh air. Yesterday we ran some errands and then I took her to Barnes and Noble where we got a hot chocolate (at the adjacent Starbucks) and then read a bunch of books. Bria got a new TinkerBell book that she is in love with because it has a story all about Terence, and my little girl has a crush on Terence (tinkerbell's fairy friend). Anyway, it was a good morning and I'm glad we're finally getting out of the house.
Bria's birthday is in a little over a week and I am soooo behind. I wanted to get plans and everything settled last week but that cold threw us through a loop and I've been so lazy trying to recover. I cannot believe she turns 2, I'm going to have a 2 year old. Gah!
I should probably start a blog post for her 2nd birthday because I've been taking so long to do things these days that maybe I'll have a chance at it being ready by her birthday.

And since I have hardly any pictures from the last two weeks I'll share a video. It's Bria singing the ABC's again but I think it's funny how she adds "and" in a few places, plus her facial expressions are too funny. She's my little character!

2 comments:

Kris and MaLanie said...

Love the video!! Her facial expressions are hilarious. Let me know if you need any help with her party.

Brandi said...

Bria is such a cutie! And how did you get that fantabulous header on there? It's super fancy!! Hope you all are feeling better. Enjoy a trip to Borders for us :o)