Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Party Time

Well it happened, Bria turned the big 2 and we celebrated it with a TinkerBell party. Bria loved all the decorations and balloons, she was thrilled to death. She was a little cranky and I think it was because she was so overwhelmed, I've never seen her so quiet. Usually she's talking up a storm but she just kind of walked around and observed.
She loved having all the kids to play with and was in heaven with so many of her cousins, aunts, and friends. Fortunately it was really sunny on the day of her party so they were able to run around outside. It was still pretty cold but nothing a winter jacket couldn't fix.

I think Bria enjoyed just about every event of her party:
1. Presents
2. Cupcakes (whilst being sung to)
3. Playing outside
4. Hot tubbing
Having a tea party with Maggie and Cassidy


Eatin' some lunch

Cupcake table
She thoroughly enjoyed all her presents, and I mean every single one. I got just as excited about her presents because she got lots of new books, adorable clothes and shoes, Legos, coloring stuff, a grocery shopping cart, and more I am sure that is slipping my mind right now. She's a lucky little girl that is for sure.
Loving her book

Her friend Maggie helping her open presents

So happy about her new book!

This girl loves to read
Reading one of her awesome new books

Taking a break to stare off into space

Blowing out her candles

And diving right in!
She ate 2 cupcakes, yes 2.
And then wanted milk STAT. I was not quick enough as you can see. It was completely my fault, she didn't overreact at all or anything.

Outside to the rescue though!
She got a new Fawn doll (one of Tinkerbell's friends) and carried it around all weekend

Don't you love her new boots? I am in love with them!
Bria likes her new boots too :)

We attempted to get a family portrait but Bria was not thrilled about us taking her away from playing.
And we died laughing that Porter decided to join us for our family picture, such a ham! Love that kid.

Honestly, the picture above is the absolute best picture we got. The rest of them she is screaming in and I am making a face like, "I give up."

She was not having picture time at all.
Not even with Grandpa Holcomb and Aunt Heather and Daddy

So we set her free and away she did run.
Bria and Jaidyn walking around exploring

Bria and Cassidy

As the crowd faded and the party was coming to an end, we threw the kids in the hot tub to get them nice and tired ;) Bria was thrilled to be in the hot tub, I know she misses being in the water all the time.
Her new swim suit, so cute!

She kept calling it the bathtub which was making me laugh.
After the dust settled I thought she'd take a long nap but she was too sugared up to relax. Can't blame her, it was a pretty fun day.

3 comments:

Kendra and Nathan said...

It looks like a lot of fun. Bria is clearly loved! Such a great family...love and miss you all!

Kris and MaLanie said...

Looks like a blast! So sad we couldn't make it. I miss you guys!! Hope we can see you soon.

LoAnn said...

What a fun day. I am so happy that Bria and Bristol are such good friends like you and Lanie always have been. Bria is darling. She looks so much like you did when you were little.