Thursday, August 05, 2010

More boating

Once again we went boating last weekend and as always had a blast. This time we invited Jimmy, Erin, and Gabe to join us plus my nieces were camping with Mom and Randy so it was a ton of fun. Plus, Erik and Marcianne (who go to Shasta every year) and their girls camped that weekend so we had another boat to have fun on :)
The water was pretty choppy due to wind and 50 bazillion boats on the lake, so we spent a majority of the day just anchored and playing in the water.
Then Erin and I took our little ones for their first tube ride! I was such a nerd and so excited for Bria. She seemed pretty neutral to the whole thing and just kind of looked around.


Then she decided to get really comfy and lay like everyone else does when they go tubing. She even grabbed the handle, it was pretty darn cute.


In the early evening the water started looking better so Brian, Jimmy, Erin, Gabe, and I hopped on Erik and Marcianne's boat while all the kids (including Bria) hopped on my Mom and Randy's boat. It was so nice of my Mom and Randy to take all the kids and we had so much fun wake surfing on the boat. Wake surfing is by far my favorite water activity, it's low impact, easy to get up, and you're so close to the boat that you can talk to everyone. We had so much fun and apparently Bria was having a blast on the other boat and back at the campsite. In fact, we should have stayed out longer because she got all cranky when we showed up. It's good to know she is good for everyone else I guess.
Then I made the mistake of letting Bria ride on Jaidyn's razor scooter. It was all over, this girl wanted to do nothing but ride on the scooter, which is back breaking for anyone trying to push her. So Brian, my Mom, and I took turns pushing her around the park and she was in heaven. If we tried to stop or take her off she would throw a massive fit and throw her body around like a fish out of water.

Zooming by at 50 mph

My daredevil with just half a foot on the scooter

We were sad we didn't reserve a campsite because we wanted to stay and make s'mores and hang out by the fire, but we had to head home. It was 8 o'clock before we got on the road so I thought for SURE Bria would fall asleep on the hour and a half drive home.
Nope.
Not for one single minute. Ugh. She did go right to sleep when we got home and I put her in her crib which was nice. I thought for SURE she would sleep in a little since she went to bed 2 hours past her bed time.
Nope.
She was up before 7:30 am and cranky. Then we had the open house during Bria's nap time so we took her to Kyle and Jenny's to nap where I thought for SURE she would take a 3 hour nap.
Nope.
1 hour later she woke up VERY cranky. And well, I informed you in the last post of just how cranky she was the whole day so I won't go into that.
But I must say, she did so well all day on Saturday with boating that I shouldn't complain too much about her crankiness, she was an angel boating and we are very grateful for that because we love us some boating!

No comments: