Thursday, February 18, 2010

Hold me

Bria likes to be held and cuddled and I love it. Although lately I've realized that our messy house shows just how much attention she wants from me :) Plus it's kind of tiring and sometimes I'd like a little bit of time to myself. I was telling Brian how exhausted I am and he said, "One day you're gonna be so sad that she doesn't want to play with you. Enjoy it."
He's right.

I'm getting really excited about Bria's party and hoping that she is in good spirits for it. I've picked up some of the party supplies but need to get a few more things. I am making Bria's cake for her and I am not a baker or cake decorator. So it's going to be just a frosted cake, nothing fancy, but she won't know the difference. Plus if it was all pretty I'd have a hard time watching her dig in so this way I won't care. Or maybe she won't even like it and it'll end up on the floor where MJ will promptly scarf it down, but that'll just make for a good story in her baby book. Either way my baby is turning 1 in two days and I'm excited to sing her happy birthday first thing in the morning. I can't wait to give her some presents and watch her face as everyone sings her happy birthday. I think she'll like that part.

It's nice and sunny here today which makes me in such a good mood. February is such a tease because we have sunny days which makes me long for summer, but then March and April and May and June are pretty rainy. We need to move south where the sun visits more often.

We started swim lessons last week and it's been really fun. Bria takes awhile to warm up to things so I go early and let her watch everybody swim. She is not a fan when I hand her over to the instructor to be dunked under water, but she does pretty good if I go under with her. She doesn't mind floating on her back as long as I'm holding onto her and I can tell she is getting more comfortable in the water because at bath time she is crawling all over the place :) It's a good thing because in June we are staying on a house boat in Shasta so she'll need to become friends with the water.

I never posted about Valentine's Day so here is a picture of my baby in her ADORABLE Valentine's dress:
Heather's friends sister-in-law (did you follow that?), Gina, made Bria 2 adorable pillowcase dresses and a bunch of bows. I am IN LOVE. This little dress is just the cutest thing ever and the best part is she can wear it next year as a shirt. She wore it on Saturday and Sunday because it was too cute to just wear once this year. The other dress is for St. Patrick's day and I can't wait to put it one her. I just love them. The bows are to die for too, she even made her a pink and brown one, yay!

Remember how I said that we had no plans for Valentine's day? Brian surprised me with dinner out and it was just so sweet. We went to our favorite restaurant ever. It's local and a little spendy but soooo worth it. The food is divine. We had a wonderful time and it felt good to be out just the 2 of us.
He had the whole surprise figured out, including his mom just "stopping by." It was adorable and Grammy wins an award for her acting skills.

Better go get the munchkin, she thinks nap time is over.

5 comments:

Sarah C said...

Oh my, that is an adorable dress. The only thing more adorable than that dress, is Bria IN the dress!

And way to go Brian for Valentine's day!

Danielle said...

Aww this is a great post! What a cute dress and what a great v-day surprise!!

Carly said...

that dress is adorable!!! She looks so sweet in it. I cannot wait to read her birthday post :)

Brandi said...

I LOVE little girl clothes! Bria is so beautiful, and I cannot believe that she is turning 1. Have a great party and take loads of pictures :o)

Amy said...

What a little Fashionista!!! Love the tights!