Saturday, February 20, 2010

Happy 1st Birthday

Today is a big day Bria.
One year ago today you came into our home and our family grew by 3. One year ago today we held you in our arms for the first time, kissed you for the first time, and cuddled you for the first time. One year ago today we looked into your eyes and instantly fell in love. One year ago today is a day I will never forget.

I look back on the last year and can't believe how much you have grown, how were you that tiny newborn just one year ago? Since the day you were born your trademark blue eyes have worked wonders on my heart. And your pouty bottom lip can get your Dad and me to do just about anything for you. Your blond hair is getting curly and starting to grow a little more. Your feet are still tiny so I'm pretty sure you have your mama's small feet. It's not so bad, shoes are easier to find.

You are very cautious and sensitive. It is essential that I give you time to observe new surroundings and people, but once you warm up you're an adorable ham who loves to smile and laugh. I also call you my sensitive baby because it doesn't take too much to make you mad so we have to walk on egg shells...some may say that you're like your mom in that way.

It's amazing the different phases you go through in a year, I think 9 and 10 months were my favorite ages. You were so easy to please and played independently, plus you were a good napper for a few weeks during that time. But overall you are like me and hate naps.

Becoming a mom was incredible. It's overwhelming and scary, but amazing and wonderful at the same time. I truly didn't know my heart could love a tiny person so much, I am always thinking about how I can make you happy because I love to see you smile.

You are crawling all over the place and love to cruise along the furniture. You love giving us your toys and anything lying on the floor and get mad if we don't take it from you. You point at everything and I spend a majority of my day telling you the names of different objects that you point at. I think your favorite is the tree in our computer room, you even try to say tree.
You just started saying "bye-bye" when you wave and I am sooo excited, it's so darn cute. You have also started screaming at me which is interesting, you definitely know how to demand attention :)

I love our mornings together, after I nurse you you're just so happy and content. My other favorite part of the day is when Daddy gets home because you are in such a good mood. You smile and laugh and talk and we play games as a family, it's a beautiful thing.

We go for walks to the park often and you love the swing and watching all the kids play. I think you'll be in heaven when you can finally walk around and join them.

But for now you're still my little baby who loves to cuddle. Multiple times a day you need mommy time and we'll just sit in the brown chair while you lay your head on me and I'll sing and scratch your back. It is the best feeling to hold you and give you kisses, I love it so much.
I hope you always know how much I love you Bria. I would do anything and everything for you and I pray we always have a good relationship. I thank God everyday for giving you to me, I love you so much.

Happy 1st birthday Bria,
Love Mom




5 comments:

Danielle said...

Happy Birthday Bria!!!

CLML said...

Linds, your post seriously had me crying. Bria is such a wonderful little doll. Happy 1st birthday, sweetie pie!

Katy said...

Yep. I just got the chills. Beautiful Linds. I'm so happy i stumbled across your blog, cous. Keep posting, and I shall keep following!
Much love,
Katy Michelle

Emilie said...

Oh how sweet... and touching. I cannot believe she's one! and I'm sure you can't either. :)
Hope everything's going well!

Sarah C said...

Lucky baby to have such a loving momma. Lucky momma to have such a lovely baby.