Friday, October 30, 2009

This, That, and the other

I was doing really good at blogging for awhile and now I'm back to once a week, I'll try to work on that.
Bria is officially over her cold and we are so glad, I hated booger sucking her nose and worse yet she despised it, so we had a battle every couple hours throughout the day. Putting vapor rub on the bottom of her feet each night worked great because she slept through the night, thank you vapor rub!

The past couple days Bria has only taken 1 nap. When that nap is 3 hours long that is fine with me, but when that nap is an hour and a half, I'm not such a fan. Occasionally I can get her to take a second, but if she won't go down then bedtime is unpleasant. She throws a huge fit on the changing table while I try to dry her off from the bath, lotion her up, put her diaper on, and get pj's on. Brian has come in a few times wondering what in the world I was doing to her. Fortunately as soon as we sit in her rocking chair and start nursing she is fine, so I kind of laugh as she screams bloody murder-I'm such a mean mom ;)

So, Monday was an interesting day. Bria was throwing up a lot, like even more than she usually does (her normal is about a dozen times a day) and it was large amounts. I lost it in the afternoon and just starting bawling, poor Bria was wondering what was wrong with her mother.
After talking with her pediatrician and nurse over the next 3 days, Bria was prescribed Zantac for her GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease). It was something we discussed at her last appointment but I think I was still in denial that she had this because throwing up has never bothered her and she doesn't cry in pain. Plus, I wanted to see if she'd grow out of it. After 8 months of vomit I decided enough was enough. That acid in Bria's throat and mouth is not good for her. We started the Zantac yesterday and she only had 3 big throw ups and 2 minor ones, yay! That is a big improvement and I'm hoping it will only get better with time. I think Monday was such a bad day because I fed her Banana Orange medley and any acidic food is bad for GERD.
Ultimately my hope is that she won't need Zantac very long and her little esophageal sphincter will work on it's own. But I'm happy that it's helping so far and pray it continues. If not, we'll move to Prevacid and if that doesn't work I'm not sure. But we're staying positive for now.

Last weekend we enjoyed lots of family time with just the 3 of us and it was wonderful. Saturday we took a walk with Bria down to our neighborhood park and let her swing.

It was a bit chilly but nice and sunny so that helped.
Saturday evening was the Beaver game-we didn't win but it was a moral victory ;) My mom got Bria an adorable Beaver headband.
"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful."



"Oh, dat beebee in da mirror is bootiful."


Chillin' with Dad, enjoying the game. Does it get any better?
We had a nice evening and it was fun to just relax and hang out.

Besides Monday, this week has been a wonderful week. Bria has been such a doll and we've been getting out of the house despite the bad weather.
My cousin Lanie came down on Wednesday and it was so much fun! We love that we live close but wished we lived even closer so we could hang out everyday. Bristol was an absolute doll and I don't think I heard her cry once the whole day.
We ran to Walgreen's to get Bria's prescription and were so excited to have the girls right next to each other in their matching car seats.
Bristol fell asleep about .2 minutes after this picture ;)

Yesterday I ran to Target to get some vitamins and of course stopped by Old Navy, their clearance section was on clearance-double the deals! So I bought a few shirts for Bria that are adorable, but I think this is my favorite:
"Mommy's Lil' Cheerleader"

How perfect is that?!

And now we are gearing up for the Halloween weekend, Bria's first one. Stay tuned for adorable pictures of Bria the ladybug :)

Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Im so glad Bria is getting some relief with the Zantac and hope that her condition continues to approve. I love that headband, so adorable!

Steph said...

I love all the pictures. My friend's baby also had to take Zantac... the first few months, he wouldn't sleep at all. He would feel so sick when laying down, poor little thing!