Monday, December 15, 2008

We've got snow people

I am very excited that we have snow-it arrived yesterday evening and kept coming down all night. Brian and I went for a little walk with MJ last night to take advantage of the pretty white dust, holy cow was it cold outside. Brian is rarely cold, in fact, I can probably count the number of times he's been cold on one hand. So last night when he started speed walking home-leaving his 7 month pregnant wife trailing, I knew he was freezing. When he got home and realized I wasn't with him he sent MJ out to look for me since he was too cold. Ok, that didn't really happen, but needless to say he was cold. It was actually a nice walk though and when we got home we plopped on the couch with some hot chocolate, the fire going, and Survivor-it was a perfect Sunday evening.

Both of our commutes this morning were slow going-but fortunately we made it safely. However, it's suppose to be sunny today (high of 30) and then get down to 15 tonight, I'm not a 100% sure I want to risk it out there, especially since I ride in a vanpool and I'm putting my life in the driver's hands...and my daughter's. We'll see how it is tomorrow morning. I just hope it doesn't all melt by next week, I'd really like a white Christmas :)

Speaking of Christmas, I can't believe it's a week and a half away, I'm so excited! This Saturday my mom and sister's and I are doing our baking day. Every year we get together to bake Christmas goodies and I always enjoy these days, and not just because of the good food ;) It's so fun getting together with them and talking for hours on end, which we can do quite easily. I will be making muddy buddies as they are my absolute favorite. Some people call them reindeer poop-it's the chocolate and peanut butter covered Chex-to die for.
Saturday evening we have 2 Christmas parties: Mom R. (Brian's mom) is having her annual Christmas party and Tiff and Eric are having the annual friend one. We are going to make it to both, just trying to decided which order to go in. Hopefully the weather allows for safe traveling!

Lance arrived safely! We had a little family dinner party for him and it was a lot of fun. Thanks to Jenny (and the Tegner family!) the house was perfectly decorated in red, white, and blue, we had face tattoos, and Navy hats. It was very festive and we were just so glad to have him home.

Here he is showing his big guns off:

It sounds like he had some great adventures and it was fun to hear him talk about it all, he's definitely grown up, although he'll still always be my "little" brother.

That's pretty much it on the Holcomb front, we're just plugging along, enjoying the Holidays, and thinking about how different next Christmas will be when little Bria is here with us-so excited!

5 comments:

Brandi said...

I hope you got to make an awesome snowman!

Silvina said...

Yay for snow!!! I love snow. I think we got a little dust but I was away in Florida and didn't get to see it. I would love a white Christmas too, you never know.

Kari said...

Baby brothers are the best, aren't they? Glad yours is home. :) That's a great siblings shot too! You're looking so great prego. I know it probably doesn't feel that way, but when you look back you'll be surprised that you felt you looked huge when you look so great. (At least, that was my experience.)

Lindsay said...

I love the pict with you and your siblings! Its so great. I'm glad your brother is home safe and sound :-) I hope you all have a great christmas.

Julia said...

So, I have been wanting to post a comment on your blog forever! My internet has been having major problems. Anyways, you look so good! I am so excited for you. You are going to be such an amazing mom. I can't wait for you.
Lance looks so old! You Jenny and Jaime are so beautiful! I hope you have a Merry Christmas. Take care of yourself momma!