Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Christmas 2008

Our last Christmas just the two of us (3 including little MJ), next year is going to be so different and so fun with little Bria here.
We had a good Christmas this year, although Brian working up north all week was a bit of a drag. He didn't get home until around 9 pm Christmas Eve and that was a big bummer. While he was up working hard to deliver people their Christmas presents, I was enjoying a church service with his family. Usually we go to the 11 pm service but this year we went to the 5 pm service and we all really enjoyed it, partly because we were more awake ;) Afterwards I spent some time chatting with them as they prepared dinner, before I left I opened some presents and oh boy did little Bria get spoiled, her Aunt Heather is filling her closet and I couldn't be more excited! She is good about getting a variety of sizes which is awesome. Aunt Sara got her an adorable Beaver onesie and we definitely can't get too much Beaver gear for her!
I headed to my mom's house to spend time with the kiddos before they went home to bed to wait anxiously for Santa to visit. Brian joined me there and I was thrilled to death to see him, you'd think it had been weeks the way I hugged him. I was just happy to have him there, it had been an emotional week to say the least. It was of course so much fun spending time with the family and going over our highlights/lowlights and goals for the new year. That's always my favorite part-it's fun to see what we put the previous year and to hear everyone else give their updates. We opened gifts and chatted until we were all yawning and decided it was time to call it a night.
Thursday morning we headed to my Dad's for presents, breakfast, and games. The girls had a blast opening up all their presents and did not protest to us taking pictures of them with each of their presents, so funny. We enjoyed a delicious breakfast and then played some Wii games. We got my Dad and Anna a new Wii game-tennis, which proved to be frustrating for me who had only ever played Wii sports. But after I gained a little more patience I realized I actually may like this game better as it's more realistic than the Wii sports. Either way we had a blast and in the end it came down to Lance and Brian-Brian put up a fight but Lance was victorious in the end.
Then we headed up north to Brian's Dad's house for yet another delicious meal and family time.
Once we arrived home that evening I realized the Holidays were over and couldn't believe how fast they went by.
I do have pictures but I've been too lazy to upload them, I seriously have not gotten on my computer at home in over a week! Spending all day on the computer at work makes me despise them so I don't like to sit in front of one when I get home. I'll try and muster up some motivation tonight-we'll see.

Brian has been up north this week again as they are still behind from the storm. Usually today is not a full operating day but this year it is since they want to get caught up. So it's just been MJ and I in the house, very quiet. I have taken her for walks which I know she enjoys and it's helped me feel a little better.

Tomorrow marks the first day in the year 2009, the year of Bria! Well, that's what Brian and I are calling it anyway :)

No comments: