Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Eve Eve Eve

Christmas is just 3 days away and I am looking forward to spending time with family. This peak season (as it is referred to in the UPS world) started out pretty darn good, I should have known it was the calm before the storm.

With the weather in the Portland area worsening, they fell quite far behind and required the help of other supervisors-Brian being one of them. Friday he drove the 2 hours up there in the horrible conditions, delivered up in the hills until he broke down. The tow truck that came to get him was sliding down the hill and had a heck of a time getting out. Needless to say he didn't get home until 12:30 am that night after he had left at 5 am that morning. Over the weekend conditions up in Portland worsened and they are requiring chains-they still wanted Brian to come up this week. Can they do that? I cannot tell you how mad I was yesterday, it just feels like they are not concerned with the safety of their employees. But I tried really hard to turn the whole crappy situation around and be thankful that he has a job, especially in this economy. So as much as I would like to complain and continue crying, I need to stop and be grateful that Brian has a job, UPS is a good company, and it allows me to be able to stay at home once Bria arrives. I am incredibly thankful for his job and UPS is a good company, I'm just a little frustrated right now, I'm sad I can't spend time with him and more importantly I'm scared to death of Brian being in the horrible Portland conditions-driving. So he's up there today and again tomorrow-staying the night of course. I'm praying he'll be able to come home tomorrow night, otherwise it won't be until late Christmas Eve- and with my pregnancy hormones that may just send me over the edge.

Anyway, on to a more positive note, we finished our Christmas shopping yesterday before Brian had to leave. It feels good to get it all done. The snow stopped this weekend (for our city) and it rained all weekend long, there is now no trace that snow was ever here. Crazy how fast that happened, and how different it is in Portland. Actually, the city I work in is covered in snow, but not us. I wouldn't mind a little snow for Christmas, but definitely don't want what Portland is getting.

Saturday I went to my mom's for our annual baking day :) I absolutely love these days. We made muddy buddies, rice krispy treats, and lots of sugar cookies. The kids had a blast decorating the cookies. Ok, I did too. Jaime and I went crazy with the frosting this year, we made a lime green, a purple, a turquoise, and a red (pink). The cookies were pretty fun (wouldn't you know I took my camera but didn't take any pictures?) and full of color. Jenny was with Kyle's family so she wasn't able to come, hopefully next year we can plan a day that we can all be there.
Later that night we went to our 2 Christmas parties and both were a lot of fun and had lots of good food.

Alright, I better go, I need to work on getting in the Christmas spirit :)

1 comment:

Robyn Baird said...

I totally know what you mean with the pregnancy hormones. You tend to get pissed about anything and everything. I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and Brian gets home on time. Luv ya!