Friday, September 26, 2008

Blog Slacker and BEAVERS!

Slacking
So I've been putting all my blogging energy into the baby blog and neglecting this one. Partly because my thoughts are centered around the baby and little else :) By the way, I put the link to our baby blog on the right side, under the picture of Brian and me. If you don't want to hear about pregnancy symptoms, you might want to just stick with this blog ;)

School
Things are moving along great with us. Brian's class started yesterday but he's been reading his textbook for the last week. He loves the topic (corporate real estate) and reads the book almost every night. He's excited to have just one class to focus on and a topic he's really interested in.

Bowling
This Saturday we are going bowling with my lovely sisters and their husbands. I'm so excited, I think it'll be a blast since we always laugh so much when we're with them. I love that our husbands get along so well, we are so lucky. They're all pretty good guys-most the time ;)

Beavers Rule
So if you follow college football you've heard of USC and the fact that they are, excuse me, were #1 in the nation. We (Beavers/OSU) played them last night and many people felt they already knew the outcome of the game, I mean, Beavers may put up a fight, but USC was going to win in their minds. DON'T THINK SO! Beavers won 27-21. Wow, was it an awesome game or what. I seriously wish we would've been there, it was unbelievable. Go Beavers!
We watched the game at our neighbor's house: Roxie and Nate's and they have a little one year old named Gracee. Everytime the Beavers made a good play we'd all stand up and shout, poor Gracee would get this look on her face and run to hug her parents. So after we all shouted we look at her and start clapping quietly and saying, "Yay Beavers." She liked that better than our yelling.

Where are the pictures?
I've been horrible at taking pictures lately and I'm realizing I need to change that ASAP. Mental note: take camera to the bowling alley this Saturday.

Work
Work isn't too bad right now. I'll admit, I'm having a hard time staying motivated. But overall the agency is getting a lot better and it's a more pleasant environment. Now that I have an end in sight the weeks seem to be going slower, I feel like a kid looking forward to Christmas. I still don't think accounting is my passion, but I've enjoyed learning accounting policies and procedures and increasing my Excel experience. I love Excel.
Brian mentioned how it would be great if I could find a place that needed bookkeeping help and I could go in once a week for a few hours. That would be perfect, dare to dream right?
I am feeling more comfortable with our finances. We went over our budget again and fine tuned it, taking into account a scheduled raise next March for Brian, changing his W-9, and he decreased his 401k contribution from 10% to 5%. We didn't want to reduce the 401k, but we will increase it the future, it just makes it more manageable to pay off my student loans and get ready for the baby. Anyway, things look pretty good and we both are sighing a little bit of relief.

Ok, I'm done rambling for now, hopefully I'll have some pictures to add to the next post!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I forgot about your baby blog until you mentioned it, I just added a reply :)

Benjamin said...

Hey you two. Hope all is great!