Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Detroit Lake

A couple weeks ago we joined my Mom and Randy out on Detroit lake for the day. We brought Trav and Sarah as we thought they'd enjoy a fun and relaxing day out on the boat, it was a success even though the weather started out a little iffy.
As we drove up that morning the clouds increased and it started misting, we were not so happy. When we arrived at their campsite we wrapped up in blankets and drank hot chocolate while the guys helped Randy get the boat ready. We started seeing a little blue sky as the mist went away so we hopped on the boat. Thankfully the sun eventually won and it warmed up.

Trav and Brian
MJ and Sarah

We spent all day out on the boat which meant no grass area for MJ to go potty. We tried to get her to go on the swim platform at the back of the boat, but she wasn't having it. So Brian put her on a tube and swam her to shore, such a good dad. As soon as they were close to land she hopped off and squated, she had to go BAD.
On the trip back Brian was battling the current so it was slow going. Apparently too slow for MJ. When they were about 10 feet from the boat MJ shocked us all by jumping in the water! I don't think she realized what she was doing as her eyes doubled in size. She swam to the platform and we picked her up. At that point I of course had put my camera away so I couldn't capture the hilarious moment, but we won't forget it.
Brian was determined to get Trav out on the tube regardless of how much Trav resisted. If you know Brian, you know he doesn't give up easily. So after a few beers Brian won and Trav hopped on the tube.

Randy gave them the rides (multiple) of their life and it was awesome. Trav was being whipped around like a rag doll and I was laughing so hard. Everytime Trav slammed into Brian, or Brian slammed into Trav, Trav would go flying off. Poor guy, he held on pretty good though, he definitely got better as the day progressed. Sarah said he couldn't stop talking about it the next day so I think he had a good time to say the least. I'm glad Brian convinced him to go, even though I felt bad he was pressuring him so much. In the end it was a good thing.

I can't believe the summer is coming to an end, I'll definitely miss our beautiful sunny days. But I am looking forward to Fall and football season :) I always get excited when Halloween comes because it's the beginning of all the fun Holidays. I LOVE decorating for Halloween, I think it's because it's been so long since I've had holiday decorations up. This year Halloween falls on a Friday which is kind of fun, hopefully there are some fun Halloween parties going on. Although I enjoy staying at home and answering the door to cute trick or treaters. I just don't like when the teenagers put on a hat and expect to get candy. If I wasn't so scared they'd come back and egg my house I'd wrap up rocks to give to them. On second thought, how would they know which house it was. Hmmm, not a bad idea.

:)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a fantastic time. We missed you! (Sniff)