Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Memorable Trip Home

Where do I begin?
We arrived in Arizona on Thursday and had a great time visiting with my grandma, aunt, uncle, and cousin. Friday morning we headed to the lodge in Heber, which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive, we of course made a stop at Sonic for a cherry limeade :-)
The reunion was Friday and Saturday and it was awesome, we had games, firesides, socializing, and great food. I know Brian had a great time with all the guy cousins playing football and paintballing, is there anything better for guys than trash talking other guys while playing sports? I can't believe how large our family is growing, my grandma now has 13 great grandchildren!

So Sunday morning comes and it's the day we're traveling back home. Apparently a few people got sick on Saturday night, some kind of flu or food poisoning. Well lo and behold I throw up my yogurt and tangerine breakfast, every last drop of it. Then Kyle (my brother in law) decides he doesn't want to keep down his breakfast either. What a fun drive it was back to Phoenix, with all the curves and everything.
We stopped at Sonic and I didn't even get a cherry limeade, that's how sick I felt! So we get back to our grandparents house and in addition to Kyle and I puking, Jenny joins in the fun. Well, this is going to be an interesting flight home, Kyle, Jenny, Brian, and I are all on the same flight home. So my Dad drops us off at the airport and we make our way through to the security line-this is where it gets good. Jenny had brought a big ziplock bag with a paper bag inside of it. We're in line and she's standing next to a garbage can, ya know, just in case. Well the line starts moving and now she's in between garbage cans, so you know what's coming right? She starts throwing up in the bag (so glad she brought that!) while Kyle, Brian and I stand around to block her from everyone's view. As she is finishing up I start to feel like I'm going to pass out or throw up, not sure which one. I start heading towards the garbage can, Jenny gives me a little nudge since I didn't quite make it all the way there, and I begin puking in the garbage. So now the three of them are blocking me while I puke up all my stomach bile. At this point we debate switching our flight because holy cow this is ridiculous, but we just really want to be home. So we continue on, with a stop at the men's bathroom for Kyle to throw up. We made it through the flight somehow and to our bed's that night. What a memory our trip home was! It's pretty funny thinking back on it, but at the time I thought I was going to die of nausea.

8 comments:

Julia said...

I just talked to Jaime last night and she told me about this whole ordeal. It is so sad and pitiful. I have to admit i did laugh a little bit at the thought of you all hurling your guts out in an airport. The amazing thing is that you all flew home after that! you guys are crazy! Glad you are all feeling better!

Jensen Five said...

That's the stuff memories are made of!

Leslie Collins said...

Oh my gosh, Lindsey. How awful. I can just imagine you guys throwing up in a garbage can in the airport. I hope you are all feeling better. I threw up all the way home one time on the plane. I had a migraine. It was awful, so I can feel your pain.

Ben and Chelsee said...

Lindsey! Oh my goodness! I had no idea, this is so terrible. My Mom was so sick too. I am glad I didn't get sick, it would have been too much for me to handle! I am glad you all are feeling better, this is the kind of story that will have to be told over and over again. So funny. This is what makes life colorful. :)

Kari said...

That is horrible! I'm so sorry for you 4!

Cami said...

I guess you'll never forget that trip. Glad your home and feeling better.

Kris and MaLanie said...

That is so horrible!! The last thing you want to do when you are sick is travel not to mention throwing up in public. I'm sorry! Glad you are feeling better!

Tieky Torch said...

Great story Lins! I'm so sorry. I know how you feel! When my mom and I flew out for the Robison Reunion in 1993, I threw up getting on the plane in front of everyone, and then was sick on the flight as well. Great memories!