Monday, July 21, 2008

I thought it was a crock pot, my bad

So a few years ago when we were back at our small apartment, our first place as a married couple, we hosted a poker party. I wanted to be the domesticated little wife so I got some food and drinks all ready for our guests. I wanted to make a cheezy-meaty dip for the chips and thought I'd let it simmer in the crock pot so it'd be warm all night. I hadn't used our crock pot before so I was pretty excited and felt like such a good little wifey.
I plopped the ingredients in the crock pot and turned it on. I thought it was weird that it only had a low and high setting, but whatever. I went to check on it and was disappointed that it was getting stuck to the bottom and just not looking very good. I had Brian come look at it and asked what in the heck was going on. My loving husband smiled at me and said, "Hun, this isn't a crock pot, it's a rice maker."

Ooops, my bad.

Rice Cooker:
Crock Pot:

3 comments:

Shannon said...

And yet another reason I heart you. too funny!

Cami said...

That is too funny! Don't we all have those moment?

Silvina said...

Too funny Lindsey, the things we learn as married women, lol.(spvsilvina)