Friday, July 11, 2008

Lance

Well, Lance is making decisions in his life and decided to join the Navy Reserves. We were all shocked and of course scared, but so happy for him and oh so proud. Originally he wasn't going until January, but they called him Tuesday and said he'd be leaving next Tuesday for boot camp!
I know it's just for a few months but man I'm going to miss him. I'll also be stressing that they are being mean to him and that he's not getting enough to eat, do I sound like his mom or what? Can you tell it'll be good for him to be away from his many moms for awhile? He's just such a good guy, I don't like when people are mean to him.
We are having a BBQ on Sunday for him, I'm going to ask if Brian and I can babysit his Office DVD's while he's gone :-) Hehe.

4 comments:

Kari said...

Oh wow! What a big change for everyone. I wish him luck!

Marissa said...

Boot Camp taught Jordan just how much he IS capable of doing, he learned more about himself and just how far he really can push himself. I could never do it but I'm proud of the men and woman that do! Your brother will do great, I wish him the best!

Robyn Baird said...

Wow! I had no idea he was even considering that. Well good for him. I hope it works out. :)

Emilie said...

Holy Cow! That is a big change. It must be exciting for your brother though, which inturn means scary for you and your family. Bootcamp won't last forever but I know you'll still miss him... Haha, I love the office!!! Have fun with that! :)