Monday, June 30, 2008

Dude...

summer is here. It's flippin' hot out there, it went from winter to summer in a matter of a week. We were having the coldest June in the history of the world and now we're having the hottest. Go figure, please refer to the Oregon post below by Jeff Foxworthy. I'm not complaining though, I love seeing the sun and blue sky, it's beautiful. We don't have A/C but we have an all-house ceiling fan that helps pull that cool air in at night, it makes sleeping very bareable which I am grateful for. I think we're going to go to the store sometime this week to pick up a kiddie pool, that way we can sit in there and cool off, plus it just sounds fun and I want to see Brian get in :-)

New York bound
Well it's finally happening. Brandi and Chris are packing up and moving to New York, with them goes Malise-MJ's best friend, and Austin-my baby. What are we going to do without them you ask? I have no clue. We'll probably wonder around the block aimlessly, shouting their names. We will now refer to this past year as the Chris and Brandi year, what a fun year it was. But at least this gives us a reason to go visit New York City.

Brian's School
Did I mention that Brian got an A in strategic managment and a B+ in Finance last term? Yeah, that's MY man! I'm such a proud wife. We'll both be so happy when he is done with school and has his weekends and evenings back again.

Weekend
I'm so glad it's a 4-day work week and we have a long weekend coming up. This working 5 days a week is just not working for me ;) Not 100% sure what we're doing for the 4th but I know we'll be spending time with Chris and Brandi since we have to soak up as much of them as we can.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

I always feel bad complaining about weather in the summer but really? does it have to be SO hot?! Ugh! And yay for Brian's awesome school grades, what a smarty! :)

Kris and MaLanie said...

It has been 100 degrees here almost everyday and I am LOVING it!! The summer is my favorite! :) So you should call me sometime soon.

Kris and MaLanie said...

You shouldn't call me because it is hot outside. That last sentence was not related in any way to the previous sentences. Just thought I would clear that up. :) You should call me so we can talk and because I love ya!

Mandy said...

kiddie pool - yessssssssss!

The Beavers said...

I LOVED getting to see you and Brian last weekend. Can't wait to see you again...hopefully sooner than later!