Sunday, June 22, 2008

Shasta 2008

We had the best time in Shasta last week! We left for Shasta on Sunday and came back Saturday. All week was spent on the boat in the beautiful sunshine-it was heaven.
No sunburns to report which is good, just some nice brown, tan, skin :) It's hard being back at work now after such a relaxing week in the sun, but reality calls. We ended up sleeping in the Murano, the back seat folds down completely and we put a foam mattress on it. It was way more comfortable than tent camping and a lot quieter.
Brian and I both enjoyed wake surfing, which my mom has pictures of and I will post once I get them from her. But I thought I'd share a few that we have on our camera:

We went to see the Shasta caves which were cool, this is the view of Shasta lake from the top of the caves, beautiful!
Another view

Wake surfing-eventually you throw the rope in and just surf on the wave, it's AWESOME!
We had a celebrity couple night and Brian and I went as..... can you guess?
Maybe this will help:
Johnny and Baby from Dirty dancing :-)

Me smiling for Brian in the caves


Brian crashing on the tubs with Randy
Grandma and Jaidyn-Jaidyn was a little fishy all week!
Just enjoying the sun
Brian took the opportunity to jump in
It felt good though :-)

We had a wonderful time, Shasta 2008 will go down in the books as best Shasta trip ever!

8 comments:

Kari said...

That looks like a blast! I love all your pictures.

Shannon said...

OMG, you two are so cute! Is it bad that I got the celebrity couple right away :) How fun!

Leslie Collins said...

Dirty Dancing is my ALL time Fave movie!

Looks like you had a blast!

Julia said...

SO Fun! I have oogled and oogled over the beautiful scenery! That is such a fun summer tradition you all have to go up there. Did the jensen's go too or just Jaidyn? You and Brian are too cute as Johnny and baby!

Robyn Baird said...

That looks like so much fun! You are so lucky to be able to do that each year.

Cami said...

It looks like such a great time.

Kristin said...

I LOVE Dirty Dancing...nice costumes! Looks like you had a lot of fun!

Niki said...

wow - so beautiful there!
and, great form with the lift ;o) i think that should be your nest siggy pic!