Monday, December 17, 2007

I love weekends

We had a great weekend, but it was of course too short. I had dinner Friday night with my old boss, Shirlene, and old co-worker, Renee. It was nice to get caught up on how they are doing and it kind of felt like a mini girls night out :-)

Saturday Brian had to work so I took the opportunity to clean the house, do laundry, and then venture to the mall for some Christmas shopping with Brandi. Funny how I clean house when Brian's gone, yet I know he would take the opportunity to plop on the couch and take a nice long nap if I was gone ;-) Actually, he's good about doing the dishes so I'm sure he would do that before his nap. I also got our presents wrapped and under the tree which felt great.

We were having friends over Saturday night at 6 pm to make cookies and play games so I was glad Brian got home in plenty of time to help get things ready. Well that didn't last long, at 5 pm he was on the phone with work and the next thing I know he's putting his browns on and rushing out the door. Alrighty then. He ended up coming home a little after 6 pm but no one had arrived yet so no harm done. Brittany and Chris came up from Eugene and Brandi and Chris came over from around the block. We had a great time making and decorating cookies and then playing games. It was so much fun. We even had a little contest with the cookie decorating, check out these talented people's work:

Brian took the UPS man to work, it was too cute! Brandi did the UPS man, Brittany did the OSU cheerleader, I did the football, and Chris Krieger did the Santa Claus.

Sunday we went up to Salem to check out Nate and Amy's new house they just bought! It is absolutely beautiful. The carpets were a little rough and the paint condition so they are putting some TLC into it. Amy and I painted and ripped out carpet while Nate and Brian prepared the living room for hard wood floors.
Poor Brian has a cold and I feel horrible for him, this is the last week before Christmas which means long days and no calling in sick! He's taking medicine, vitamin C, and eating chicken noodle soup as often as he can. Let's see, what other random things can I write about? Nothing, but I can post more pictures!
This is Chris and Brittany making cookies:

Chris and Brandi decorating their cookies: Posing for the camera:
I asked the guys to be candid and this is what I get:
Gotta love 'em!

Here are a few pictures from Brian's UPS Christmas party 2 weekends ago:

From left: Brian, his boss Ron, and his co-worker, Dave.
Here is our Christmas tree!
I realized I never posted pictures of our fun night at Dave and Cinn's. I of course had to take pictures of little Scarlette. I caught a funny one of Chris helping Brian put the burp rag on his shoulder, too funny:
So precious:
From top left: Brian, Dave and Chris. Then bottom left: me, Cinnamon and Scarlette, and Brittany:

Okey dokey, that's all I've got. Hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday season. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun pictures. Cookie making is a great idea with a group of people. I like cleaning when Jade is gone. And yes, he would take a nap isntead of cleaning if I were gone. Why can't we do that, too??

Kari said...

I love your tree! Isn't it nice sometimes to have some time to yourself to get things done around the house? Glad you're enjoying this wonderful season!

Cami said...

You were so productive. The cookies are so great. We've got the cookie dough sitting in the fridge ready for rolling and cutting. Love this time of year!

Jensen Five said...

love the ups cookie!!! glad that you posted an update, i've been waiting! see ya saturday!

Kari said...

You're my fabulous friend of the week! Enjoy! ~Kari