Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

Merry Christmas!

I am at work with about 2 other people, which means I will be able to accomplish a lot today. I have the Christmas music playing softly to ensure I stay in the Holiday spirit :-)

I am looking forward to starting our Holiday traditions tonight. First we will go to my mom's to eat dinner, open presents, and fill out our Christmas questions. The Christmas questions are my favorite part. Each year we fill out a sheet with the 4 same questions (since I don't have it in front of me these might not be word-for-word accurate, but they are close):


1. What were the highlights of the year?
2. What were the lowlights of the year?
3. What do you hope to accomplish in the new year?
4. What is important in your life right now?

It is really fun because we look back at our last year's answers and see if we met our goals and what has changed. I just love reflecting on the year and finding out what my family members answers are, I love this tradition. I am also looking forward to the kids opening presents, I just love seeing their faces and watching them get so excited. Brian and I found a great deal on a Barbie house (not a really big one, but it's still cute) that we are giving to Jaidyn and Kailey, Jaime said they are going to be so excited which made me thrilled! We got Porter a Cars book and a firetruck that makes lots of noise ;-) Looking forward to all the festivities!
After my mom's we are headed to Brian's mom's house to spend time together and then head to church. We all enjoy singing Christmas carols and being together, it's a perfect way to end Christmas Eve.
Tomorrow morning we will get up and head to my dad's to watch the kiddos open presents and then we'll sit down to a big breakfast. I love watching the girls open their presents. We got them each a pair of cherry earrings, cherry bracelets, and a heart necklace. They are very in to jewelry right now so I am overjoyed to add to their collection. Anna always makes a delicious breakfast and I make sure to eat too much of it :-)
Then we'll head up to Salem (half hour drive) to Brian's dad's house for present opening and another scrumptious meal. Last year we brought the Christmas questions tradition up there so I'm looking forward to doing that again :-) It's such a good way to keep up on family and know what is going on in their lives right now.
After all this is done we'll head home to crash! I am looking forward to all of so much that I know it will go by in the blink of an eye. But at least we'll have the memories and pictures to remind us how much fun we had.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: