Thursday, December 06, 2007

Beavers and Hurricanes

BEAVERS WIN!!!!!!!
Not only is this exciting because the Ducks are supposedly better, but Civil War was at Autzen Stadium (the Ducks home turf). The Beavers haven't won AT Autzen since 1993. It was a double overtime game that kept you at the edge of your seat. We had a great time at Brandi and Chris' and I know the boys enjoyed playing poker and watching football, nothing better than that!
We got our Christmas tree Sunday morning and let me just say we picked one of the worst days. They were suppose to be issuing a hurricane warning due to extremely high winds, the coast got up to 120 mph winds. Luckily, it wasn't quite that windy when we got the tree, but it was raining and umbrellas weren't helping! The coast got hit pretty bad, certain areas still have no power, some lost wireless for a few days. Its pretty bad. The weather has calmed down and now the aftermath is left to clean up.



I am looking forward to tonight, we are going to Dave and Cinnamon's to have dinner with them and Chris and Brittany who we cheered with at OSU. They were also stunt partners like Brian and I. I can't wait to hold Dave and Cinnamon's little girl, Scarlette, I'll take my camera for sure!

I've also been meaning to take pictures of our tree and Christmas decorations. I love that we have a fireplace to hang out stockings. Jenny and Kyle got us stockings last year for Christmas and I just love them.

And now, to get in the Christmas spirit, a popular questionnaire I thought I would post:

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper is more exciting and you can be more creative. My step mom uses those pretty Christmas boxes that I also like!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real all the way, you can't beat the smell of a Douglas Fir, it just radiates Christmas.
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend or 2 after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? The day after Christmas, otherwise it reminds me Christmas is over :(
5. Do you like eggnog? Technically no, but I do like an eggnog latte with non-fat milk, that way it thins it a little.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Dolls and Barbies, I LOVED get those!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, Brian and I purchased ours last year and it's sitting on our mantle.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad, it doesn't help that he never gives us ideas, he says the only thing he ever wants is to spend time with his kids. We can do that, but we want to give him more!
9. Easiest person to buy for? Jaime, because she tells me exactly what she wants!
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, it takes more time but it's much more personable and everyone loves getting mail!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't think of one.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Grinch (Jim Carey version) and Christmas Vacation.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Usually the first or second weekend in December.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not a gift, but things we get from Christmas gift exchanges we'll use at another one. Not all the time, but we've done it before. Gulp.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Muddy Buddies, the recipe on the back of Chex boxes, they are soooo good.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear, white lights.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night by Josh Groban and Where are you Christmas by Faith Hill
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? With Brian working at UPS we will never be able to travel at Christmas. :(
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I think so.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Growing up we would open one present Christmas Eve and the rest in the morning, which is how I want to do it with my kids.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How mean people are when I go shopping, they are so pushy!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My grandparents gave each of us grandchildren a new Hallmark ornament each year until we were 18, those are my favorite 18 ornaments in the world. Aside from that, I decorate in red and gold.
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Someone to pay off all my debt ;-) A big rug for our living room.


Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Emilie said...

Wow those are some crazy pictures!