Friday, November 23, 2007

Thanksgiving and the Holidays!

Thanksgiving was a great day.
Brian and I made it to 2 Thanksgiving dinners yesterday, which means I need to go for a 10 mile run this weekend! We headed over to my Dad and Anna's around 11:30 so I could help with the meal which I really enjoyed. Although Anna was the master chef, Jaime and I assisted as best we could. The guys did the norm and watched football all morning, which I know they thoroughly enjoyed. A little after 4 pm we headed to Brian's mom's house for more football and food :-) We definitely had an enjoyable and relaxing time at both places.
It got us thinking about how we are going to do Christmas this year. Here is our normal schedule of events:

December 22nd ish (the date changes depending): Brian's mom has her annual Christmas party! December 24th: Go to my mom's house, open presents, and my favorite: read our goals for the new year.
Then we go to Brian's mom's house to open presents and go to the 11 pm church service.
December 25th: Wake up early and go to my Dad's to open presents and enjoy a wonderful breakfast.
Then we head up to Salem and go to Brian's Dad's house and open presents and eat dinner.

I love being able to see all our family over Christmas, it's just not the same without seeing everyone. But it's definitely exhausting and yesterday reminded us of what lies ahead for the Holidays. Part of me wants to suck it up, how many people get to share Christmas with so many loved ones? There are a lot of people that spend the Holidays alone, we are so blessed to have lots of people to be with. But another part of me wants to be able to relax and enjoy our time at each place, without feeling rushed. And then once we have kids we will want to start our own family traditions, so how in the heck are we going to fit that in?! Maybe we can spread Christmas out over a week :-) Who knows, but I think for now we need to stick to the schedule so that we can see everyone, especially while we still all live close because who knows how long that will last.
I am definitely excited about the Holidays, especially now that Christmas music is playing on the radio! Next weekend we are going to get our Christmas tree and I'm looking forward to that as well, I LOVE decorating the tree.
So I have a few pictures from Thanksgiving, but since I'm at work (yep, I have to work today, ugh.) I can't upload them, but I will this weekend.
Work is going, well its going. I'll be busy with 1099 stuff for the next few months, gotta love that! But I think Brian takes the cake on being busy, he got home at 8:45 Wednesday night, Peak has officially begun for UPS. I'm hoping I'll at least get to see him Sundays ;-)
Alright, well I better get back to work, pictures to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you guys have a holiday schedule that really works. I am stressing about how Travis and I are going to fit in everyone next year, hopefully we can work something out!