Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Typical Oregon Weather

Things are pretty boring here in the Holcomb Home, which I am thankful for. The weather last Thursday and Friday was absolutely gorgeous, it was in the seventies and the sun was shining....looking good for the Easter weekend, right?! Wrong, like true Oregon weather Saturday and Sunday were gloomy and rainy, so depressing. It's amazing how ambitious I am when it's beautiful weather outside, I work in the yard, workout, clean the house, wash the cars :)

Friday night we hosted a poker party at our house, Brian was the first out :( He has won the last 3 in a row so I guess it was bound to happen. I ended up going to bed at 12:30 even though the poker game was still going on, I was so tired!
Saturday night we went to Brian's mom's house for Easter dinner and my mom and Randy (stepdad) came. We had delicious food and played Armed Forces pictionary. Brian's twin sister, Sara, was in the Navy and so if you weren't on her team, you didn't do so well. We played until 10 and then went home and crashed.
Sunday we headed up to Salem to Brian's dad's house for Easter dinner (2 Easter dinner's in 1 weekend!), the food was of course yummy there as well, and Brian's Dad makes some good cocktails!

This week will hopefully be relaxing and chill as there is not a lot going on. We spent Monday at my mom's house and I hemmed Brian's pants, I'm getting pretty good which I need to since I have to hem every pair of pants I buy, darn short legs! I'll post a picture, sounds cheezy, but my mom taught me the coolest technique that makes the hem look exactly the same :)

Saturday we are going to Portland City Grill and I am really excited. I have never been there but I hear it is really nice. I love getting all dressed up and this is a great excuse for it! My co-worker, Sarah's husband, Travis is turning 25 so this is how we are celebrating his birthday.

Well, I guess that is all for now. Enjoy your week!

2 comments:

Julia said...

I would really really like to know the hem technique. I have always had a problem too. My hems always look silly. Could you maybe post some how to pictures? I would love that. I hope you do have a relaxing week--you deserve it.-Jules

Emilie said...

Hey you're alive!!!! Im so happy that you posted! And that you have left comments on my blog! Yay!
I totally know what you mean when you say that get a lot done when its nice out...Im the same way! I seem to get a lot more done, thats for sure!
What kind of heming trick did you learn?? I have that problem with short legs too! Share the trick! :)
How's work going by the way...still doing a ton of traveling???
Enjoy your week and I hope its a good one! Chat with you soon!