Saturday, April 21, 2007

Rain Rain Go Away

Yesterday (Friday) was absolutely gorgeous out, the wind was a little chilly, but still it was sunny and beautiful. It got me really excited for the weekend and how much time we could spend outside, then I woke up this morning to gray skies and rain, boo. I suppose I can get some housework done like vacuuming and getting the office in ship shape. I am also hoping to get our bedroom more put together, we haven't hung any pictures or painted so it feels kind of plain. I wish it was sunny :(

We went to Woodstocks last night with Sarah and Travis and their friends Kaleb and Erika, the company was fun but they kind of burned our pizza which was a bummer since we normally love that place. Afterwards we went to Tiff and Eric's, this is their last night in their duplex, they will be renters no more!!

Embarrassing Moment:
Okay, so I'm not going to tell you my most embarrassing moment, I am going to tell you our friend, Travis's, most embarrassing moment. He told Brian and I last weekend and we could not stop laughing, ever since then we tell everybody about it (good thing Travis is a good sport about it!).
So Travis is 15 years old and his parents have family and friends over for a BBQ. Now, he is at the age where he is trying to impress the ladies so he wears those big pants called Jinko's (I have no idea how to spell that) that are large enough on the bottom to cover your whole entire shoe. Well he is hanging out trying to look cool and walks onto a yellow jacket nest. Obviously, these yellow jackets are not happy so they start flying up his pants and biting him. This takes Travis a second to realize what is going on before he starts running around slapping himself, people begin to stare. His Dad comes to his sons aid and rips his pants off so that Travis is standing in front of 30+ people with just boxers on. It doesn't end here. The yellow jackets are swirming him and they are everywhere, they start going up his boxers, sooooooo his Dad yanks his boxers off and there is Travis, 15 years old, buck naked, because his Dad ripped his pants off. They drag him inside where he treats the bites and then goes to his bedroom since his attempts to "mack" on the ladies would probably not go over so well.
Oh man, that story kills me everytime.

Kind of a short post but I want to be productive today, even without the sun :( Have a wonderful Saturday!

3 comments:

Emilie said...

OMG what a funny story! That poor guy Travis!!! That would hurt soooo bad ...a bunch of bee's flying up your pants!!!

I hope you are having a good week so far! And I hope that your weather gets better! In MI today it was 75, and tomorrow is going to be like in the high 50's ...

Jensen Five said...

So funny!!!

The Clarks said...

That is a hilarious story. I would think that would probably scar a young man like that for the rest of his life...Either that or make him a true mack daddy. I swear, everytime I hear that story it almost makes me laugh a little, and cry a little...and then laugh again.