Sunday, March 25, 2007

Big changes...


So it all started a few months ago when the business unit I worked for consolidated with another business unit in Woodburn (about an hour north). The word "consolidation" is not something you want to hear in your business as it means, people will lose jobs. We have been a little worried especially since we just bought our house. Well, the coporate big wigs came to our work and had an all day meeting on Thursday with the managers. Friday came and I was up in the front of the office making copies when by boss asks if I have a minute, "Sure," gulp. As I walk by my friend and co-worker Sarah I wave and whisper, "well, see ya later." I sit down in the chair and try to look as calm and collected as possible, I don't think I did a very good job because he started by saying how he knows the feeling of being anxious about your job, great thanks.
Well, the good news is that I did not lose my job. Instead I am now in charge of more accounts, I will be traveling to Woodburn half the time, Salem (half hour north) one day a week, and at my normal office the rest of the time. There is no set schedule so it will change from day to day. Mine and Brian's first thought was yay, I didn't lose my job! We are very grateful and consider it a huge blessing. I am not exactly excited about driving so much and not knowing where I'll be each day, but I'll plug along.

So the weekend started by having dinner with my Mom and Randy (stepdad), and Sarah and Travis (co-worker and husband) at a cute eatery in town. We watched the U of O game and for the first time in my life I rooted for them. Brian and I both graduated from the rival, OSU. But they are representing the state of Oregon in the tournament so I can't be a hater :) Sarah and Travis came over and we watched Idiocracy which was an okay movie.
Saturday we woke up bright and early, ran to the paint store because we finally picked the color we wanted for the rest of the downstairs. I will post pictures when I get a chance to download them from my camera. We came back and painted our hearts out, we got sooo much done!! Then that night Tiff and Eric, Kristie and Dar, and Craig and Caren came over and we had drinks and socialized. It was really fun and we got to show off our new paint job!
Today we painted another wall which almost completes the downstairs. My mom and Randy were so nice and brought us bark mulch so we did some yard work, it was a gorgeous day to be outside.
It was a very productive weekend for us which is nice. It is so hard because we want to finish the inside decorations and paint, but we also want to spruce up the yard and get the grass looking good. So much to do so little time!!
Well, I better get to bed. I am headed up to Woodburn tomorrow :( Wish my luck on this new adventure!

3 comments:

Emilie said...

Hey Lindsey...that would be scary about your boss coming up to you and saying, " Do you have a sec?" YIKES! Well at least you still have a job...traveling might not be all that bad...let me know how it goes!
I can't wait to see more pictures of what you guys have been working on! ttyl!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, I almost had a heart attack reading the beginning of your blog!!! I'm so glad you're doing well in your job and got more accounts... although the driving could prove difficult. Ask your father in law and step mom in law; they're the experts on driving north!!

Sara

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsey, We had no idea you were going thru this and are so glad everything worked out other then the traveling.

We are anxious to see all the painting you've been doing!

Anna