Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Happy Spring!

Spring begins today, yay! I wish this meant it was sunny and warm from here on out, but Oregon holds true to the saying April showers bring May flowers. Actually, Oregon takes it a step further: April, May, and part of June showers bring a few days of sun in July and August, hehe.

We found this picture at Target and loved it! I put the key in front to signify our new home :)
I wanted to post pictures that I have taken the last few weeks and haven't had a chance to post. Brian and I watched the kids a few weeks ago when Jaime and Schuyler wanted to get some packing done for their move. I just love the pictures of Porter and MJ, MJ is so good with the kids and it was so cute because she would just go and sit by Porter, adorable :)
I also took some pictures of the living room after we have moved in, we still have some painting and picture hanging to do, but it feels like home :)
Here is our new couch (this was taken before we painted the kitchen red)
Us on our first night in the house, exhausted!
Brian and Porter chillin, so cute!
MJ watching over Porter.
Brian's mom and stepdad came over last night and took us out to dinner, Izzy's, yum! I had a delicious salad, pizza, and some frozen yogurt. I was pretty proud that I didn't stuff myself because that is easy to do at a buffet. They gave us some ideas for the backyard which is good because we need all the ideas we can get. Mom also gave us a cordless vacuum that we can use on the hardwood floors. I have been stressing and researching about the best way to clean hardwood floors since I've never had them. My dream is to have a Dyson, but that is a ways in the future, so for now I have been sweeping and then using a mop that we got from Home Depot. This vaccum will be nice for a quick clean and also under the couch and corners where the dust bunnies hide.

I am looking forward to the weekend, not for any particular reason, but just time off work! We still haven't picked the exact color for the living room, I would like to start that room this weekend, but we kind of need the color to do that ;)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay, Cute pictures. We have hardwood floors, too. I just run my vaccum over them. Also, Target makes this stuff called Wood for Good. It's a cherry almond scent. It works really nice. :)

Emilie said...

Hey!!! Im so excited that you have the internet and that you are posting!!! Now we can keep up with each other's blogs!!! So where do you live at? In Michigan?

Kari said...

Your house is gorgeous! How exciting. I love your couch. Where'd you get it?

Anonymous said...

Your Husband is so Handsome?

Emilie said...

Im in Michigan!