Tuesday, March 20, 2007

We're connected :)

We got the modem from Qwest yesterday, but of course we had technical problems with getting internet hooked up so we had to wait until today.
We painted our kitchen this weekend! We are both really pleased with how the color turned out, it's exactly what we wanted. It's called stolen kiss and it's from Sherwin Williams :) It's crazy how paint can make a room feel so different, it feels more cozy.

Here are some before and after pictures:




I painted myself in a corner :)


Brian played poker on Friday night and won (of course!), he's so good :) Bauer(Nate) will disagree, but I'm pretty sure he's just jealous ;-) Amy, Mindy (Nate and Nick's girlfriends) and I talked about wedding stuff since Nate and Amy set the date for September 22nd! Amy had tons of brides magazines so we looked at ideas for bridesmaid dresses and centerpieces. The poker game went until after midnight so we were pretty tired and ready for bed when we got home!


For St. Patrick's day on Saturday we went to a place called Murphey's and enjoyed a live band and some green beer. It was packed when we first got there so it was a good thing our friend Shane made reservations so we were able to sit at a table instead of stand. Once the band left it cleared out quite a bit and we could hear each other talk :) Man, I sound old!



This weekend I am hoping we can get started on painting the rest of the downstairs and do some yard work. Well, I'm gonna go spend some time with my hubby, have a great day!

2 comments:

Julia said...

Love, Love, Love the red kitchen. Cameron and I are pretty daring and dramatic with our paint choices too. We attribute it to living in apartments for so long. When you finally own and are able to paint you want to make it dramatic. Your house looks so great. I can't wait to see more pictures. You and Jaime seem to have your work cut out for you with all of this moving stuff. Congrats on your new home. Big step girl!!

Emilie said...

YAY!!! Im so happy that you have the internet now! I love the pictures! I cannot wait to see more pictures!!!