Thursday, July 07, 2016

Rarely home

Last summer I remember having a hard time with going a little stir crazy in the house. This summer I tried to make enough plans to keep us busy, but not overwhelm us. So far I'm feeling pretty good, hopefully that continues. 
The girls have gymnastics once a week and it's nice for them to have something to do, but this will be our last Parks & Rec gymnastics class, it's just a little bit of a crap show and needs more structure. Just being honest. 

But these matching gymnastics outfits are fabulous
 Brian had some traveling so the girls and I headed down to Albany for some much needed family time.
Attempting to teach Ames to scooter
 I cannot get enough of my nieces and nephews. While the Jensen kids might be older so I don't hold them and sing to them (I would if they let me though haha!) I absolutely love talking with them and just watching them get older and mature. They are the kindest and most thoughtful kids ever and I truly enjoy being with them.
It goes without saying that my love for babies is borderline weird, but I can't help it. I NEED babies in my life (not my own people, that ship has sailed).
Zoey getting way too big!
 So yeah, I smother the littles so much that they are probably relieved when I finally leave. And Bria is following in my foot steps because she can't leave them be either.
Selfie with Ames

Big girl walking!
 Aside from my obsession with babies, I adore watching Reese and Jax play. They are seriously hysterical and awesome together. Also, they are way too mischievous when left alone for 5 minutes...seriously, these two UNLOADED Jenny's holiday closet and it looked like ChristmasEasterHalloweenThanksgivingFourthofJuly exploded all over. I was speechless. But gosh darn it if they aren't the cutest together.
Howdy partner
 I love that Jax calls her Reesie, not just Reese, but Reesie or Reesie Peesie.
Happy to be the helper
 Bria is kind of in the middle in terms of her age in relation to her cousins. It can be hard for her at times and I feel bad, but she does love helping with Zoey and Ames so sometimes she will be content.

 Other times she wants to go boss Jax and Reese around and that does not end well...it's a work in progress.
I watched the Tegner kiddos one day and Marna joined me for a park day.
Subway sandwiches at Wildcat Park
 We went to Wildcat Park and it's the park from my elementary school. They've upgraded since I went there but it's always been awesome.
She is addicted to climbing trees. 
 We also made it to Ya Ya's house for some snacks, dinner, and hot tubbing.
They all adore my Mom, it's really sweet

Hot tub time!
We had such a great time and I love being able to make these trips down to Albany and see family. I was so sad we weren't able to meet up with my Dad, the few days got away from me and before we knew it it was time to head back up. Our next trip down will be some much needed Grandpa Armstrong time!

No comments: