Saturday, July 09, 2016

29 + 4

I had my birthday. It was my 33rd. Not a big milestone or anything, but I decided to use it as an excuse to do something fun with loved ones. 
I wanted to try stand up paddle boarding and Hood River is a great place for that. So I told Brian and he extended the invite...of course I wanted everyone to come but I also knew that realistically it was going to be tough. It's a long drive, people have kids, and summer schedules are busy. 
But I was shocked when so many people could make it and truly in awe. Grateful doesn't begin to describe how I felt. I LOVED that people were willing to come out and just have a blast...and we did just that!

Attendees:
Kyle and Jenny
Lance and Kayla
Randi and Scott
Dusty and Amanda
Craig Tate

Itinerary:
SUP (Stand Up Paddle board)
Brewery for late lunch/early dinner

We all met up at the park and got ready for our big day...
Kyle had his favorite accessory...his beer belt haha!

My girls! love them all!

The handsome gentlemen

The Holcrew! See what I did there?
 SUP'ing was a blast and everyone did great. We didn't have an agenda and some of us had never done it before so we just paddled around. Once we all got comfortable we had to try yoga on our boards (thanks for the idea Jenny :) because, I mean, that's normal right?
Well probably not but we are not a normal group and that's why we are fun. Kayla and Brian both nailed a headstand and impressed us all. Brian was squirting everyone so Kyle saved the day and tackled Brian in the water. Overall, we just had a blast and I was in heaven.
We were all getting hungry so we headed to Full Sail to enjoy some food and beverages.

Love him

Getting our food on
It was such a fun day and I seriously can't begin to thank everyone enough for coming out. I loved being able to try something new with some awesome people. Feeling very blessed!

No comments: