Thursday, April 28, 2016

Sprinkler fun in April?

 It just keeps getting better as the weather gets warmer. It got so hot one weekend that we HAD to have a BBQ with our friends and bust out the sprinkler.
 All the kids were thrilled to death...the PNW can be brutal during childhood when you feel trapped inside.
 So even just a day or two of this gloriousness helps rejuvenate the energy and soul.

These days our little Reese has given me a glimpse of teenager-hood. Her desire to dress up, wear my shoes, wear makeup and roll her eyes at me is, um, interesting?
Attitude
Fortunately she still loves to cuddle and be a goof ball so there is hope yet.

Bria hit a big milestone, she completed her first chapter book! Her motivation? I would buy her Mal's spell book.
You see, she is very into Disney's The Descendants and the main character is Mal...who is Malificents daughter. Bria saw the spell book at Target and I said if she read the chapter book first, I would buy her the spell book.
She was ecstatic and went right to reading.
And reading and reading...when I went in at 10 pm that night she was still up and reading!!!! Not only that, but she started bawling when I told her it was time to put the book down and go to bed. Finally she gave in, but in the morning when I went to wake her up she was already awake and reading her book.
Girl was hooked.
At bedtime she went right to reading and came out an hour later with the biggest smile on her face. She had finished!!!
So proud of her and her determination.
Next day we went out and got her beloved spell book. Which she instantly found the love spell in and we had to make them (cookies) for Parker (her crush at school). This girl is persistent to say the least and will not take no for an answer. Very hard to parent but I feel this quality will do well in life.

So that's us in a nutshell: Reese has attitude and Bria read her first chapter book...exciting times!

No comments: