Sunday, June 14, 2015

And so, she is done with kindergarten



Bria had an incredible kindergarten year! She made friends, had fun, learned how to read and love it, and found out recess is her favorite part of school :) She can be very sensitive like her mama, so I would secretly stress about how she would handle bullies. I also wanted to make sure she didn't turn into a bully, dear God that would've killed me! When she came home with the kindness award (nominated by her teacher), I felt reassured she was a nice one. Also, when I would volunteer I saw her comfort her friend Leah multiple times and it felt so good. Love my caring girl.
Some days she would come home and say that some girls didn't let her play with them at recess or she played alone...and inside I would cry. But on the outside I would casually ask if she was ok with it, and most the time she was. I love her confidence and want to encourage that. I want her to be true to herself even when others are pressuring her to be someone else. 



Anyway, it was a great year and I'm so proud of my girl. I also learned a lot. This was obviously my first year with a school age child and wow, there seems to be a lot to learn. I jumped right in and at my first PTC meeting became the secretary. I volunteered in Bria's class every Wednesday (thanks to Brian, Heather, and Amanda for jumping in to watch Reese for me!) and got to read with the kids and and I enjoyed that so much. I also liked getting to know all the kids so when Bria talked about certain people I knew exactly who she was talking about. I got to know her wonderful teacher whom we love. And her principal...well I've already dedicated a post to him and his awesomeness. I found out he lip synced to Taylor Swift at one of the pep assemblies! Afternoon kindergarten missed all those :(
I'm staying involved while trying to stay out of drama :) I love the PTC and everyone is so sweet, but after every meeting there seems to be emails that come out about people's hurt feelings or something...it totally goes over my head. I'm fine with that, I take notes at each meeting, keep up to date on school stuff, and apparently miss the subtle drama going on. Honestly though, the drama is incredibly mild compared to other places I've heard about and overall everyone remembers why we care so much: the kids!
Both Bria and I are looking forward to another year there and can't believe she will be in 1st grade!







 Can't believe how much she has grown!

These two cuties will graduate together!



 And now that school is out...yay for summer 2015!!!!

No comments: